PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Install using largiest contiguous free space

BattleGnome
October 2nd, 2009, 10:22 PM
I have 30GB of free space on my Windows 7 drive and when I try to install Ubuntu with the free space option the result window shows that the installer will return 27GB to the Windows 7 partition and only use 2.5GB. This is with the 9.04 installer. How can I make ubuntu use the entire free space available?

BraedenNaylor
October 2nd, 2009, 10:39 PM
I have 30GB of free space on my Windows 7 drive and when I try to install Ubuntu with the free space option the result window shows that the installer will return 27GB to the Windows 7 partition and only use 2.5GB. This is with the 9.04 installer. How can I make ubuntu use the entire free space available?

use the manual partitioner?

terabyte1
October 2nd, 2009, 11:06 PM
Not trying to be elitist here - I have Ubuntu (9.04) on my main machine as a 64-bit instalation and since it sits alone in a 2 terabyte drive with 8 gig of memory and a quad-core processor, I guess its a bit over-powered. I'm thinking of installing the L.A.M.P (Linux server, Apache Server, Mysql and PHP (though I prefer Postgre as a database) - can that work in the current configuration? Thanks in advance.:guitar: