PDA

View Full Version : feedback my project ^_^

akurashy
January 27th, 2005, 04:32 AM
I'm currently working on a bulletin board (as designer) but i want to show it to everyone to see if the people like it :D, is not done yet
is right now on beta 3 soon to be released.
anyway i hope you take a look and comment and give a good or bad feedback :)

The project called Ice Bulletin Board
http://icebb.kenkarpg.info

cheers :D!

TravisNewman
January 27th, 2005, 05:11 AM
OK that's pretty slick! I thought you meant you were designing the interface for a board, using PHPBB or something. That's really nice! You should try to get some of the big names in Free/OSS to check it out! Not only could you get a lot of users, maybe some sponsorship, but the product would improve because of their contributions!

akurashy
January 27th, 2005, 05:17 AM
lol no skinning phpbb or IPB or vB
me and my friend started it month agos but it failed because i was away for a time :(
when i was back it was with the old same design
it took me around a week to design something but is worth it =)

icebb is free and it has a premium service =)
it runs with a open source license submitted to OSI but not aceepted yet =/
i cant open it to open sources, but it will stick as free till i die O_o or maybe till when i get a mental damage or soemthing lol

the whole interface is by me i still working on it :D

thanks for the feedback :)

Buffalo Soldier
January 27th, 2005, 05:37 AM
Seen it. Clean design. But I kinda prefer the red-orange-yellow of UbuntuForums. Maybe I spend too much time here :P

Coincidentally I'm looking for a free bulletin board / webhosting. I have minimal webdesign knowledge. But I want to setup a bulletin/website where my coursemate and I can discuss and exchange lecture notes. Our college so called 'bulletin' is a let down. I think IceBB would be just nice for this.

Keep up the good work :)

TravisNewman
January 27th, 2005, 05:51 AM
Buffalo Soldier: I LOVE the sig!!!

Anyway, akurashy, you have some real talent! I'd say more than enough to know which Linux Distro to use ;) (to those who don't know, I'm referencing another thread started by akurashy).

Buffalo Soldier: College bulletins/WebCT/etc are always HORRIBLE.

akurashy
January 27th, 2005, 06:03 AM
Buffalo Soldier: count on it, i had a same request from a friend to fo it a little redish and orange :) so i guess you might look foward when i finish doing the other skin :)

Buffalo Soldier
January 27th, 2005, 06:18 AM
Thanks panickedthumb and akurashy. I will be visiting IceBB frequently and try to give feedback. That's the least I :) Ubuntu community rocks!

Panickedthumb, how bout this? "Unity is not about keeping only 1 voice and silencing the all the different opinions, but keeping all the channels open, finding the right compromise and then working together as 1"

TravisNewman
January 27th, 2005, 07:02 AM
I like that one too! You got a quote book next to the computer? *L*

akurashy
January 27th, 2005, 07:04 AM
that quote book must have another one with "I love icebb for its sexyness and brillant and smart"
*runs*
:D

Buffalo Soldier
January 27th, 2005, 07:11 AM
I like that one too! You got a quote book next to the computer? *L*

Hahaha, no panickthumb. Some are my personal thoughts inspired by what I read here at UbuntuForums and some are inspired by really profound things said by the people here.

From the movie The Skulls "If it's secret, if it's elite... it can't be good". Yerp, that pretty much describe the bad ol' propriety software company way of doing things.

akurashy
January 27th, 2005, 05:53 PM
i think this got off-topic lol but thanks for the feedback :D

jensyt
January 27th, 2005, 06:07 PM
Very nice, akurashy. If you ever need any help, I'm here. :)

akurashy
January 27th, 2005, 06:55 PM
thanks thanks :)

Quest-Master
January 27th, 2005, 11:07 PM
That's really, really nice and impressive.

Awesome work.

akurashy
January 28th, 2005, 05:16 PM
thanks for the feedback :D

Jad
January 28th, 2005, 07:07 PM
sounds good, keep up the good work

akurashy
January 29th, 2005, 06:06 PM
thanks to all who have give a good feedback to icebb :D