PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Partition Encryption with BestCrypt

Dezfor
October 2nd, 2009, 06:36 PM
Hello.
I wanna encrypt my user's partition and other folders, containing data(swap, temp folder)But i don't know how to implement this. Also, to encrypt system's partition.

And if it is possible to create another user, not encrypted, for routine needs because i live in Dorms and someone can ask my laptop, for example.

I read documentation on bctool and understood how to create containers. But after mounting - i can't add any information there through nautilus(ubuntu shows "/home/andrew/mount/1/new_folder»: Invalid or incomplete multibyte or wide character"). Only via using terminal's commands to copy/create folder or krusader. Although files and folders with russian names don't wanna be copied into container, even through terminal.
To create container i'm using such:

bctool new /home/andrew/docs.jbc -s 20M -a blowfish-448 -t ntfs -v
And when i try to open this containers in Windows - they are in ReadOnly mode
Help noob plzz :)

Dezfor
October 3rd, 2009, 12:54 PM
I read documentation on bctool and understood how to create containers. But after mounting - i can't add any information there through nautilus(ubuntu shows "/home/andrew/mount/1/new_folder»: Invalid or incomplete multibyte or wide character")
So, i found in the Net that containers with NTFS i should mount in other way. And saw advice to read man mount. I read it but cAn't understand nothing. How to mount such containers properly?

Dezfor
October 5th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Help me pliz with encryption of home folder for user