PDA

View Full Version : EIT Guide not populating after retune.

tonycollinet
October 2nd, 2009, 06:15 PM
I'm sure I posted this morning, but cant find it now. Perhaps forgot to click "submit"

Anyway - after the UK retune, some channels are failing to populate in the guide. First few are: ITV1, channel4 channel 5, ITV3, 4+1

Any ideas as to why gratefully received

Thanks

tonycollinet
October 2nd, 2009, 10:28 PM
It's got worse - I've tried a new re-tune, and now I'm only getting now/next for all channels.

Chris Musampa
October 2nd, 2009, 10:48 PM
Seems to be a bit hit and miss for me aswell since the retune, could do with a way to force it to grab them all.

willo8allthepies
October 2nd, 2009, 11:25 PM
I am also only getting 'now and next' EIT data after retuning, at least on the main channels :(

Anyone know of a guide to getting Radio TImes xmltv listings data working that a mere mortal like myself has a chance of following?

tonycollinet
October 2nd, 2009, 11:36 PM
Seem to have no xmltv id's setup in the channel data.

Anyone know what these should be for freeview?

Thanks.

tonycollinet
October 3rd, 2009, 09:34 AM
xmltv id is a red herring. Overnight guide has populated for most channels. I've still got 11 channels below 70 which are only showing now/next.

Is this just a speed of population issue? if so, why so long.

The missing channels are not in any particular mux.

GordonEndersby
October 3rd, 2009, 12:15 PM
Its taken a while to populaayte mine as well.
I also had to edit the station lists a bit through wythweb to get the correct channel numbers on a few of the channels.
Its all sorted now and working.

Gordon

SiHa
October 3rd, 2009, 01:00 PM
After the last shuffle & retune in March, Channel five took over a week to fully populate over EIT. Give it time, and it should all come throught eventually.

willo8allthepies
October 3rd, 2009, 01:26 PM
Yes it looks like mine are slowly filling up now also, odd that it has taken so long this time around though, I've never noticed this kind of delay before.

Have some channels opted to only transmit full data once a week now or something?

Cheers

tonycollinet
October 4th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Strangely - all is now full, except for ITV - still showing now/next, but is full from the early hours of Tuesday morning. No sign of it filling up between now and Tuesday.

tonycollinet
October 6th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Finally caught up - it's taken 4 days. FOUR DAYS. I thought my Humax box was slow when it could take up to 1/2 hour.

Still - at least myth remembers it during power down.