PDA

View Full Version : I'm in love :) Slap an arm cortex A9 in each side, sky is the limit

Regenweald
October 2nd, 2009, 06:02 PM
http://gizmodo.com/5365299/courier-first-details-of-microsofts-secret-tablet

I would buy this :P

blackened
October 2nd, 2009, 06:08 PM
Wow, way to go MS. Depending on some other details, it looks absolutely amazing.

Regenweald
October 2nd, 2009, 06:13 PM
Yup, devil is in the details but as long as this has immaculate handwriting to text recognition and a supreme touch interface, it would render a keyboard moot. I really want to hear about processing power, storage etc. An x86 device in there would make me sad although it will probably be x86 based :(

Странник
October 2nd, 2009, 06:30 PM
Cool!

ElSlunko
October 2nd, 2009, 06:43 PM
That is pretty rad.

Sealbhach
October 2nd, 2009, 07:03 PM
Meh.. I dislike touchscreen interface. It remains to be seen what this thing would be like to use on a day to day basis.

starcannon
October 2nd, 2009, 07:07 PM
Until now, I never actually considered whether I would have a long term relationship with a computer; you have introduced me to my electronic soulmate. Now I need to figure out how to get the lettuce to buy one when/if they make it to market.

mr-woof
October 2nd, 2009, 07:23 PM
I like the look of it, looks very nice indeed. I wonder how i'd use something like that on a day to day basis though

Regenweald
October 2nd, 2009, 07:28 PM
Until now, I never actually considered whether I would have a long term relationship with a computer; you have introduced me to my electronic soulmate. Now I need to figure out how to get the lettuce to buy one when/if they make it to market.

Now i don't know what the final microsoft specs will be, but my imagination went wild. My thoughts for such a device:

Linux/haiku OS - Eliminates overhead dedicated to virus/firewall
Both sides contain a high end ARM proc and 8-16 gig SSD
Holding device laterally can activate an on screen keyb on one screen superimposed mildly transparent over web page/document etc. keyb can be customized to user preferences.

( just some of my many ideas)

With all the tech crammed into devices like the iphone and the nokia N900, this device by all rights should be a beast :)

pwnst*r
October 2nd, 2009, 07:29 PM
looks sexy.

Regenweald
October 5th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Video Update :)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/09/30/microsoft-courier-video-l_n_305401.html

jonian_g
October 6th, 2009, 12:36 AM
It's nice, but why would someone spend a big amount of money to buy it?
You can satisfy all your computing on-the-go needs with a cheap atom based netbook or arm based smartbook.

Stan_1936
October 6th, 2009, 12:46 AM
Yup, devil is in the details but as long as this has immaculate handwriting to text recognition and a supreme touch interface, it would render a keyboard moot. I really want to hear about processing power, storage etc. An x86 device in there would make me sad although it will probably be x86 based :(

I don't know about you, but I type faster than I write.

It does look glitzy though.