PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 9.10 Beta major laptop problems

filip007
October 2nd, 2009, 02:40 PM
I was trying to boot as live Ubuntu 9.10 Beta and i get just a bunch of errors...

Buffer I/O error
SQASFS error unable to read sector blablabla...

Acer 7730G
Intel PM45
Geforce 9600GT

I hope you will fix this :-(

I really like Ubuntu and 9.04 is running just fine!!!

Hezekiah
October 2nd, 2009, 05:32 PM
Have you tried a different CD/USB stick? It sounds like the downloaded ISO was either corrupted during the download or while being written to whatever media you have booted from.

slakkie
October 2nd, 2009, 06:27 PM
It is too late, but make backups, really! It is not that hard: http://www.clonezilla.org

Ahh, the CD is giving you issues. Try downloading it again, and there is a menu item when you boot from CD that says check CD for errors. Execute that test please.

filip007
October 2nd, 2009, 06:40 PM
What backups i have running Ubuntu 9.04 just fine!

I just wanted to try Ubuntu 9.10 Beta thats all.

I will try on different system and report back if this this is false problem than OK:KS

I was using Verbatim CDR 52x and burn with Brasero, ISO was download from German server i'm from Europe, using Pioneer burner.

Hezekiah
October 2nd, 2009, 07:05 PM
Have you checked the validity (MD5SUM, SHA1SUM or SHA256SUM) of the downloaded ISO?

filip007
October 3rd, 2009, 07:14 AM
Bad CD confirmed on other system and they removed German servers from Ubuntu Beta download thats funny :lolflag:

Downloading from Swiss now...it's mirror from what i hope not from German !?!

And this time i will try first with VirtualBox to avoid any more burning CD for throw away :KS

filip007
October 3rd, 2009, 02:13 PM
Problem Resolved

After testing Beta i recommend this changes...

Try avoiding color transition backgrounds like for boot (bad look on laptops or old LCD with bad angle)

Shorter name for Ubuntu Software Center or just Software Center.

When i start Live i get No parent found couple lines remove this if can.

I welcome Disk Utility for HDD Smart values.

I like now color theme and icons.

Transmission must be tested if can deliver proper download speed rating, on 9.04 i use Deluge.

Add Temp or Misc folder to Home.

Some missing icons for System menu and for Ubuntu shutdown menu.

And i hope that fix the Copy&Paste problem, if let say copy link in Chrome and close Chrome than i want to paste that to Opera and copy is lost.