PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Upgrading to 9.10 Beta need your opinion

tuahaa
October 2nd, 2009, 07:49 AM
I am gonna upgrade to 9.10 Beta from 9.04. Apparently, when you upgrade instead of fresh install, you are very susceptible to bugs etc...

Which one should I do?

And, which one should I use? KDE or Gnome? I might install both cause Gnome looks like what came out of my bum (the theme is brown too) except it apparently has much less bugs than KDE 4. KDE on the other hand, is one of those really awesome present boxes, only to unwrap it and find out it has real poo in it.

Excuse ma language, I wanted to rant after I got a tonne of homework throughout the weekdays. No offense intended.

So, please give me your opinions guys

Thanks

UPDATE: I finished all ma homework! They are gonna load us again after the weekend, what a GNOME looking week it will be...

tuahaa
October 2nd, 2009, 12:13 PM
Bump

I downloaded the fresh install of Gnome. I guess I will use both KDE and Gnome (i.e both sessions)

BraedenNaylor
October 2nd, 2009, 02:39 PM
I am gonna upgrade to 9.10 Beta from 9.04. Apparently, when you upgrade instead of fresh install, you are very susceptible to bugs etc...

Which one should I do?

And, which one should I use? KDE or Gnome? I might install both cause Gnome looks like what came out of my bum (the theme is brown too) except it apparently has much less bugs than KDE 4. KDE on the other hand, is one of those really awesome present boxes, only to unwrap it and find out it has real poo in it.

Excuse ma language, I wanted to rant after I got a tonne of homework throughout the weekdays. No offense intended.

So, please give me your opinions guys

Thanks

UPDATE: I finished all ma homework! They are gonna load us again after the weekend, what a GNOME looking week it will be...

I did a fresh install instead of a upgrade, if you are confident backing up your data then do a fresh install.

I have always liked gnome over KDE. KDE is what my school uses and I hate it, it's personal choose and depends on what you need it for, play with both, get a feel, see what you like better.

Thats all just my opinion.

Hope it helps

-Braeden

donato roque
October 2nd, 2009, 03:41 PM
@tuahaa, if you're installing a beta (you know for testers only) the least of your worry is picking out what method or desktop environment to use. It's called beta for a reason.
There will always be bugs. Those who install them are volunteers, who should know how to get themselves out of a quagmire.

markbuntu
October 3rd, 2009, 02:06 AM
Betas are not for people who are concerned about bugs.