PDA

View Full Version : I cant wait to install openshot!

sudoer541
October 2nd, 2009, 01:27 AM
I cant wait to install openshot movie editor. I read good reviews from different sites and I am amazed that this is such a powerful yet early in development video editor.
I tried the first alpha that was released before my ubuntu died and it was simple, stable and had some good features. Unfortunately my ubuntu installation is completely broken almost a month now and instead of repairing it, I will simply wait for ubuntu 9.10.
btw is ubuntu time bombed or I am unlucky? it always breaks a month before the next version comes out...Weird! :popcorn:
btw I just noticed that openshot got some video effects NICE! does anyone have a video that shows the video effects?

dragos240
October 2nd, 2009, 01:41 AM
No but the site does. I tried it, it's nice, it does the job, and the effects are great. Only issue is configuring the effects, like changing the hues. It's a tad annoying.

sudoer541
October 2nd, 2009, 01:43 AM
No but the site does. I tried it, it's nice, it does the job, and the effects are great. Only issue is configuring the effects, like changing the hues. It's a tad annoying.

why, does it revert back to defaults?

dragos240
October 2nd, 2009, 01:44 AM
I have no idea. It shouldn't. But it does. You can also try kdenlive. It may crash on you, so make sure to save after every change you make :p

sudoer541
October 2nd, 2009, 01:54 AM
I have no idea. It shouldn't. But it does. You can also try kdenlive. It may crash on you, so make sure to save after every change you make :p
just report the bug and it will be fixed. This movie editor is being developed very quickly!
I tried KDEnlive and it looks nice but its not stable and easy to use as openshot.
CONGRATS to the programmers they have done an excellent job.

dragos240
October 2nd, 2009, 01:57 AM
Yeah, kdenlive needs to make itself a bit more stable.