PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ubuntu 8.04 ATI R 92L-LC3 (9250) dual-monitor

Tenkunowind
October 1st, 2009, 11:27 PM
Hi to everyone, i have this little problem, i do need Dual-Monitor with this old ATI

First i tried using the binary driver the fglrx from the ATI page, well i did a lot of stuff to get nothing in the end, in another Forum someone explained to me that FGLRX only supported ati from 9500 and newer, so i followed their instructions in order to remove it, and reinstalled the xserver-xorg driver

The problem is, well i don't if it is normal or not, since i have been using ubuntu for like 2 days, so i can Clone my display, and look the same in both monitors but i cannot extend the desktop like i need to.

In System/Preferences/Screen Resolution i can clearly see both screens, but the second ones remain "off" and it doesn't matter if i try to activate it, it goes off as soon as i close the window, well, in fact in never turns on, it just changes in the window as long as it's open, anyway, in fact something happens from trying to turn on the second display, and i get the background image of my desktop to re-size, it only shows half the image in the main screen, but the second one remains off

in the same forum i was told that since ubuntu 7.10 there was no need to modify xorg.conf, i been using some xorg.conf that i found on the need that says it works for the dual monitor, but i only get cloned screens and with 800x600 resolution, plus in "Screen Resolution" it doesn't show me both my displays, it shows like it was cloned, which it is, but the box is not checked as active, well i apology for my spelling and the way i write, i am not very good with English

And by the way, i am too a noob with Linux, so you can see why i has not been able to advance on my own, well thanks in advance i will wait and see if someone can help me out of this hole