PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] m4a78 pro install,boot/login concerns

kharon
October 1st, 2009, 04:23 PM
I have a m4a78 pro asus board,I can install from live cd 9.04 or 9.10 install says it installs succesfully,reboot,cannot login,set auto login to bypass password system loops through blank and then splash screen but cannot get system up and running.I have done a little research(I am somewhat new to
ubuntu but trying to convert)my motherboard has 780g ati,on the setup disk from asus there are linux drivers for suse and redhat which after reading the readme text are the same and therefore I would assume will probably work with ubuntu,problem is I have seen concerns posted around about this and I don't have
the skills yet to correct this.I have surmised that I need to load the necessary drivers for the storage controller and chipset during installation in order to make the system functional.I have also surmised that this would be an alternate text install.Once again the problem is I have not found how to do this nor do I consider
myself sufficiently skilled at the command line to execute without some step by step to learn and understand.I have seen various posts listing this board as a concern but have not found one that ended with
a resolution,would like to be involved in cracking this.Thanks in advance for any input or answer