PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ubuntu-9.04-netbook-remix / LIVE

michaelalladdin
October 1st, 2009, 02:53 PM
Hi LINUX-Friends,

I have a new notebook >Acer Aspire One< (i368), OS >LINPUS LINUX< but with some Acer-own modifications and I am meanwhile really desperate - I am not able to run or install anything new - even only to upgrade the old >Firefox< because when I try I get a set back from this OS.

To say the least, I am quiet new with LINUX - but tired of decades with Windows I would like to use LINUX, particullary UBUNTU, at least on this small machine. I already downloaded >ubuntu-9.04-netbook-remix-i386.img< and >FEDORA liveusb-creator-3.7.tar.bz2< but I am not able to install the liveusb-creator and in a dead-end, trying to ask the >source< if there is some simple solution.

I am from Europe, Czech Rep. and presently traveling in Malaysia, short of my homely hardware/software resources.....but with limitless internet and >Boot on LAN< if this is also a point?! (I would already be very happy with, if you could resize the (only) partition so I could install my WINXP from the HD and use my and LINUX tools for WINDOWS to prepare the LiveUSBPendrive and get UBUNTU running.)

Thanks so far, you can call me Mike.