PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] I'm new using Ubuntu, and i've some problems...

idrox
October 1st, 2009, 09:52 AM
Hello everyone!

Yesterday I installed Ubuntu 9.04, and now I connected it to Internet the first time... and when I try to install updates, languages, etc. it says that there's no space in my disk '/'. I did a partition with 40GB dedicated to Ubuntu, the rest (160+120) for the original Vista my laptop have.

My laptop is an ASUS X59SL, i bought it about one year ago...

Please, what should I do? Is there any solution or should I uninstall (if possible) and reinstall again?

sliketymo
October 1st, 2009, 10:51 AM
Hello everyone!

Yesterday I installed Ubuntu 9.04, and now I connected it to Internet the first time... and when I try to install updates, languages, etc. it says that there's no space in my disk '/'. I did a partition with 40GB dedicated to Ubuntu, the rest (160+120) for the original Vista my laptop have.

My laptop is an ASUS X59SL, i bought it about one year ago...

Please, what should I do? Is there any solution or should I uninstall (if possible) and reinstall again?

Go to system/administration,then click on your system monitor.Click on the file system tab, and see if all of the 40GB is used.Sounds like way to much for an instalation of Ubuntu.On my set-up,I am dual booted with windows.My Ubi' partitions look like this(used space)5.8 GB/ (root),50.6MiB/boot,237MiB/Home.I also have a 2GBswap partition.It should not take an intire 40gb for an install.

oldos2er
October 1st, 2009, 05:04 PM
Can you run df -h in a terminal, and post the output here?