PDA

View Full Version : A Windows XP Certification curiosity...

Master Shake
February 10th, 2006, 03:21 PM
At my job, they're currently putting me through Windows XP certification class "2262B: Supporting Users Running Applications on a MicroShaft Windows XP OS"

Interestingly, the longest chapter is "Module 3: Troubleshooting issues related to internet explorer", which clocks in at a total of 70 pages.

Somehow, I found this funny.

As a side note, I put handfuls of Ubuntu CD's around the office near the coffee machines about two-three months ago, after I got my Breezy CD's. Well, the instructor of my classed (as well as one or two students in the class) picked one up and started playing with it.

At one point, the instructor and I were talking about how we were spoiled with Apt-Get. :D

Lord Illidan
February 10th, 2006, 03:26 PM
At my job, they're currently putting me through Windows XP certification class "2262B: Supporting Users Running Applications on a MicroShaft Windows XP OS"

Interestingly, the longest chapter is "Module 3: Troubleshooting issues related to internet explorer", which clocks in at a total of 70 pages.

Somehow, I found this funny.

As a side note, I put handfuls of Ubuntu CD's around the office near the coffee machines about two-three months ago, after I got my Breezy CD's. Well, the instructor of my classed (as well as one or two students in the class) picked one up and started playing with it.

At one point, the instructor and I were talking about how we were spoiled with Apt-Get. :D

I agree with your instructor, hehe. We are a bit spoiled with apt-get. But it beats having to compile packages, no?

Regarding these certifications, imho, they are almost worthless. I learnt more about my computer, etc from a month with Ubuntu on these forums than in my entire ECDL course. And guess which was cheaper?

TechSonic
February 10th, 2006, 03:56 PM
LOL... I did a similar deal. I ordered 20 of them CDs and I snuck into a few schools and hid them around the computer areas.