PDA

View Full Version : Ugh!! Wants To Keep Mines Linux BUt Wants To Go Back To Windows?

BAMF1501
October 1st, 2009, 12:22 AM
OK ugh!! i love ubuntu so so so much it runs great simple and fast install and works right away no need for antivirus malware protection etc... And it even has a new editor calle dopenshot and don't get me wrong it works great but i need something like sony vegas and i dont want to go back to windows just for the video edittor whch i might do cause i need good video features but then again i have hope for openshot developers for coming allong over time for a kick-*** video editor... I guess ill just have to wait and see

schauerlich
October 1st, 2009, 12:30 AM
1) Punctuation is your friend.
2) Dual boot.

sudoer541
October 1st, 2009, 12:35 AM
you can use wine (install it through synaptic) or you can use Sun's Virtualbox (not the open source version if you want USB to work).
Best thing is to dualboot. I myself have ubuntu for browsing and I have Windows on my secong hard disk for games, video editing, itunes and msn.

BAMF1501
October 1st, 2009, 12:51 AM
i hate dual booting though its retarrtedd

dragos240
October 1st, 2009, 12:52 AM
Why is dual booting retarded. You get the best of both.

ErikEhlert
October 1st, 2009, 12:53 AM
Translation:

Hello! I have been using Linux Ubuntu for quite a while now and I must say I love it alot, especially its high protection against malware and viruses. My only concern is I am in need of a good movie editor, similar to Sony Vegas, but I don't want to revert to Windows just for a decent video editing software.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you only use video editors for tiny little projects, Dual Boot or use Wine.

If movie production is a major hobbie or you do it professionally, get rid of your normal Ubuntu and get Ubuntu Studio:

http://ubuntustudio.org/

I see you like Karmic Koala, if you want to try testing Ubuntu Studio Karmic you can go here:
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntustudio/releases/karmic/alpha-6/

You will have to install by burning a CD with a .ISO though

Scroll down on the list until you see
"karmic-alternate-1386.iso"
-For almost all PCs. This includes most machines with Intel/AMD/etc type processors and almost all computers that run Microsoft Windows, as well as newer Apple Macintosh systems based on Intel processors. Choose this if you are at all unsure.

or "karmic-alternate-amd64.iso"
- For computers based on the AMD64 or EM64T architecture (e.g., Athlon64, Opteron, EM64T Xeon, Core 2). If you have a non-64-bit processor made by AMD, or if you need full support for 32-bit code, use the Intel x86 image instead.

Giant Speck
October 1st, 2009, 12:55 AM
you can use wine (install it through synaptic) or you can use Sun's Virtualbox (not the open source version if you want USB to work).
Best thing is to dualboot. I myself have ubuntu for browsing and I have Windows on my secong hard disk for games, video editing, itunes and msn.

I wouldn't recommend virtualization for video editing.

magmon
October 1st, 2009, 12:56 AM
I recommend virtual box. I have it for Itunes, and the irony is definately worth it. You can make a windows window.

However, I don't know anything about video editing, so it may not be the best option.

Giant Speck
October 1st, 2009, 01:02 AM
I recommend virtual box. I have it for Itunes, and the irony is definately worth it. You can make a windows window.

That's not ironic; that's redundant.

sudoer541
October 1st, 2009, 01:05 AM

I wouldn't recommend virtualization for video editing.

ya sometimes it crashes, but the real thing is the real deal!:lolflag:

BAMF1501
October 1st, 2009, 01:14 AM
what so diff about studio

benmoran
October 1st, 2009, 01:14 AM
BAMF1501, Openshot just had a huge update. Check it out.

sudoer541
October 1st, 2009, 01:23 AM
whats the difference between ubuntu studio and the regular ubuntu, other than the multimedia apps?

BAMF1501
October 1st, 2009, 01:25 AM
and i have the new openshot

ice60
October 1st, 2009, 01:31 AM
OK ugh!! i love ubuntu so so so much it runs great simple and fast install and works right away no need for antivirus malware protection etc... And it even has a new editor calle dopenshot and don't get me wrong it works great but i need something like sony vegas and i dont want to go back to windows just for the video edittor whch i might do cause i need good video features but then again i have hope for openshot developers for coming allong over time for a kick-*** video editor... I guess ill just have to wait and see
there's really something wrong with these forums when so many people can sensibly answer such drivel without questioning the health of the OP.

dragos240
October 1st, 2009, 01:33 AM
He's probably just new to the language called English :p.

joey-elijah
October 1st, 2009, 01:50 AM
BAMF1501, Openshot just had a huge update. Check it out.

Didn't it just! I can't wait to try out chroma key with it tomorrow :)

dragos240
October 1st, 2009, 01:51 AM
Does openshot have video panning?