PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Monitor viewable angle problems

redvision
September 30th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Dear users,

When i'm looking at my Acer Monitor (P235H) from an angle, the colours are messed up.
So its almost impossible to watch a movie with friends since there are always a few people who need to watch from an angle...

I tried this monitor on my windows computer, no problems with the colours when im looking from an angle.

How can i solve this problem in Ubuntu?

Thanks for any help in advance,

Best regards,

pawhtiobo
September 30th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Hi :)

Which player are you using? Does this happens, when you are simply looking at the desktop?

see ya...

redvision
September 30th, 2009, 09:59 PM

Which player are you using? Does this happens, when you are simply looking at the desktop?

see ya...

Yes, the same problem when im simply looking at the desktop from an angle, messed up colours.

pawhtiobo
September 30th, 2009, 10:09 PM

What VGA are you using?

see ya...

redvision
September 30th, 2009, 10:17 PM

What VGA are you using?

see ya...

I'm using DVI-D 24 pins.

pawhtiobo
September 30th, 2009, 10:25 PM

I was asking about the VGA Card, i think this can be a driver issue or xorg.conf issue... just guessing... i never notice nothing like that in any of my PC's...

see ya...

redvision
September 30th, 2009, 10:43 PM

I was asking about the VGA Card, i think this can be a driver issue or xorg.conf issue... just guessing... i never notice nothing like that in any of my PC's...

see ya...

Thanks for your reply again :)

7600GS Nvidia im using, with nvidia 180 drivers

pawhtiobo
September 30th, 2009, 11:01 PM

I havent found yet a similar problem in the web....
I just remembered one thing, if you have an Ubuntu CD, and try the LiveCD does this issue also happens?

see ya...

redvision
October 1st, 2009, 09:49 AM
Been playing with nvidia control panel, options:
contrast, brightness and gamma

seems quite ok now, could be better, but at least im able to recognize faces etc at the moment :)