PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Conky Width and Placement

Lukios
September 30th, 2009, 08:20 PM
I have googled this and come up with nothing. I need to make my horizontal conky go 100% width of the monitor. I understand that I can manually set the width to the size of my current monitor, but I want simply be able to put this .conkyrc on another computer without having to change the width value. Also, I would like to know how to make conky display itself above all windows when I call it via terminal.

Thanks in advance

Lukios
October 2nd, 2009, 06:54 PM
anyone?

Lukios
October 7th, 2009, 04:28 AM
can anyone at least tell me if it is possible?

Sarai the Geek
October 7th, 2009, 07:32 AM
To the best of my knowledge, it's not. You can use minimum_size to set the size to fit exactly to your current monitor, but I don't know of a variable that will automatically change the size of the conky. I would imagine that functionality wouldn't be difficult to add if you would be so inclined as to contact the devs about it.

stinkeye
October 7th, 2009, 04:20 PM
I have googled this and come up with nothing. I need to make my horizontal conky go 100% width of the monitor. I understand that I can manually set the width to the size of my current monitor, but I want simply be able to put this .conkyrc on another computer without having to change the width value. Also, I would like to know how to make conky display itself above all windows when I call it via terminal.

Thanks in advance
To display conky above other windows change this setting above "TEXT"
own_window_hints undecorated,below,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
To
own_window_hints undecorated,above,skip_taskbar,skip_pager

Also if you have
own_window_type override
change it to
own_window_type normal
because when set to override it ignores "own_window_hints", and defaults to below.

This thread here will give you a faster response to any further conky
questions you may have:
Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=281865&page=964)

Lukios
October 9th, 2009, 02:33 AM
Thank you stinkeye, that worked perfectly. I will post my other question on that thread you suggested.