PDA

View Full Version : MythTV virgin sky cable decoder box setup

davidrose
September 30th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Dear all,

I've been scouring the forums and web generally for some help to a problem set I have in mythtv/mythbuntu but I can only find piecemeal clues and I think it might be a problem facing many UK users.

Basically, I have a frontend/backend hybrid under my TV which is running mythbuntu installed on ubuntu 9.04, but instead of a normal digital signal going into the box, I have two separate TV tuners (both Hauppauge PVR 150 PCI) connected to a Virgin Media Box (via coaxl) and a SKY decoder (via composite cable yellow (video) and red-white (audio). The two decoders are still connected directly to the TV via Scart so I do not to have the PC on when I watch TV, but only if I want to record TV (and I don't mind having the box on the channel that is being recorded -- there is no way round that!)

So, I have set up the TV cards (set up as MPEG2 PVR ivtv), the Video sources and begin trying the Input connectors in setting up the backend. Scanning for channels, I receive about four which are basically snow. I cannot seem to get the frequency for the boxes. (I have try-all set for the frequencies, not just western Europe.)

Any ideas about where I'm going wrong?

Thanks,

David

Hardware: AMD AThlon XP 2200, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD, PVR150 (X2), Nvidia 5200 PCI graphic card