PDA

View Full Version : removing a sticker off of leather?

Rev. Nathan
February 10th, 2006, 05:50 AM
i have a large sticker on a leather briefcase that peeled off wrong, and now there is that white paper stuff. should i use goo gone? another solevant?

TechSonic
February 10th, 2006, 05:51 AM
Take an ice cube and freeze it. Then take your finger nail and scratch it off gently. Try not to scare the leather.

PapaWiskas
February 10th, 2006, 05:56 AM
Use cooking oil and a paper towel, dont drench it but get it to soak into the paper and gently rub from the corners inward.

Goo Gone will hurt the leather, dont use it.

Key is to be patient, do small sections at a time.

jeremy
February 10th, 2006, 06:43 PM
You could try peanut butter, it's good for getting bubble gum out of hair!

jeremy
February 10th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Take an ice cube and freeze it...
If it's an ice cube, it IS frozen.

fuscia
February 10th, 2006, 06:52 PM
If it's an ice cube, it IS frozen.

thank you, yogi berra.

curuxz
February 10th, 2006, 07:49 PM
simple get a frezzer bag or some other kind of water proof plastic bag and fill it with very warm water (not boiling else you could scar the leather) then hold it against the paper alowing some of the mostuire on the paper and it then should rub off, i have done it loads of times and it dont leave a trace :)

I love mooskin :D

whiskeylover
August 25th, 2010, 07:42 PM
I travel a lot around the world regrading work purposes so i need a solid and sturdy briefcase where i can put some heavy stuff without damaging the briefcase.

<spam link removed>

Lol spamz

mips
August 25th, 2010, 08:42 PM
i have a large sticker on a leather briefcase that peeled off wrong, and now there is that white paper stuff. should i use goo gone? another solevant?

Just use a soft cloth soaked in warm water and rub gently. No need for solvents.

Paqman
August 25th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Have you tried using a hammer?

LowSky
August 25th, 2010, 09:35 PM
Windex...

Elfy
August 25th, 2010, 09:45 PM
possibly the sticker was removed 4 years ago ... a necromancing spammer posted - I didn't check the date :)

I have now - thread closed