PDA

View Full Version : Huge Thank You....

PapaWiskas
February 10th, 2006, 04:40 AM
I just want to say....a big HUGE THANK YOU to all those people who put together stuff for us Noobies.
To those of you who take the time to tell us ******* converts to not give up, that help lead us....that encourage us to read, read, read some more....check wiki....read here, read there, read everywhere.

I have been here since December, I swore that I would not give up, I would learn.

Tonight I made a major breakthrough for me....and I know it may not sound like a big deal to some, but if you check some of my previous posts....I was having problems getting DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter to work.

Well, I searched, took notes....and tonight they both FREAKIN WORK!!!!

YOU EXPERTS ARE AWESOME....THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP AND GUIDANCE.....

See you on the flip side Mr. Gates.....Papas got a new pair of shoes......\\:D/ \\:D/ \\:D/ \\:D/

frodon
February 10th, 2006, 10:22 AM
thank you too for being here ;)

PS: see my sig if you want to find many breezy guides

Master Shake
February 10th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Woah! Awesome linx!

Yeah, the community here is pretty awesome. I remember my n00b days, and how much everyone helped. Its the best support for any computer product I've ever owned!

mips
February 10th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Tonight I made a major breakthrough for me....and I know it may not sound like a big deal to some, but if you check some of my previous posts....I was having problems getting DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter to work.

Well, I searched, took notes....and tonight they both FREAKIN WORK!!!!

Maybe you should tell the rest off the people how you did it in a procedure or something if there is'nt one allready.

PapaWiskas
February 10th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Maybe you should tell the rest off the people how you did it in a procedure or something if there is'nt one allready.

I followed directions from a couple of different postings. It all wasnt in one place. I can post how I did it, that is not a problem really, but I was just afraid of people getting irritated because I am posting what others have already posted.

What is the common courtesy on such things? I did write a recent HOW TO for noobs in the KDE section....I was nervous about that because I didn't want to irritate people. But I wanted to write something that hopefully made sense to people like me who are new to Linux and dont want to give up, and find some of the terminology hard to grasp at times.

Pardon my nervousness, but in some forums I have visited people really can get nasty. Although I will admit I have NEVER EVER seen that here. Everyone here has been awesome.

mips
February 10th, 2006, 10:04 PM
Pay no attention to the nasty people out there.

A simple summation in your thread about what you did, links followed (reference them) etc should be fine.

To some you might be stating the obvious but I prefer reading a thread where you can follow the steps taken and links to reference posts/guides. Actually annoying when all you see is "Hey I got it working" with no explanation if you are sitting with the same problem.

granite230
February 11th, 2006, 12:20 AM
ah yes... I learned Linux on Ubuntu and this forum was of course the perfect place to ask questions. I still want to dive into it a bit deeper, but for now it's fine. Couldn't do it without the helpful and patient people here.