PDA

View Full Version : Strange print issue.

dragos240
September 29th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Not a support problem but... I just tried to configure cups to the local printer, I found one, that evidently belongs to a student of my teacher this year. The last print job was in may, before school started..... and the weirdest thing is that the "server" that the print server is on, uses a version of cups from 2005 by easy software products :confused:

dragos240
October 1st, 2009, 12:11 AM
Odd.... No posts :p

cariboo
October 1st, 2009, 12:40 AM
There is really nothing unusual about that, there are many servers that have been stuck away in a closet, or even under the floor. People just forget about them and they just keep on running, until a hardware failure.

dragos240
October 1st, 2009, 12:45 AM
There is really nothing unusual about that, there are many servers that have been stuck away in a closet, or even under the floor. People just forget about them and they just keep on running, until a hardware failure.

I found one, that evidently belongs to a student of my teacher this year. The last print job was in may, before school started.

The student is in my grade this year before high school, and this server has been up, labeled under her name, and the last job was in may, before school started. See the strangeness?