PDA

View Full Version : check finished errors found in 1 files problem

Smrid
September 29th, 2009, 05:28 AM
Hi. I have a asus 1005ha and I want to try out ubuntu netbook remix. I am following this guide:

http://www.jfwhome.com/2009/08/06/perfect-ubuntu-jaunty-on-the-asus-eeepc-1005ha-and-1008ha/

I am booting off a usb drive, so I am using .img. I have written the file in to the usb, and booted up easily. So far its good until I check for defects. I then get "check finished errors found in 1 files."

Does anyone have any solutions to this? I don't wanna skip this error and go straight into installation.

earthpigg
September 29th, 2009, 05:32 AM
good on you for checking. a single 1 or 0 in the wrong place can cause this. and if you did NOT check it, it would show up a month from now as some mystery problem that makes no sense.

download the .img and write it over again. then, test it again.

if it happens again, try downloading via .torrent, as those are a bit more fault-tolerant.

Smrid
September 29th, 2009, 06:23 AM
I downloaded another .img and I even downloaded another win32DiskImager. I checked the .img with MD5SUM as well. I checked for defects again and still another error. I may have to try out a torrent.

Smrid
September 29th, 2009, 07:16 AM
downloaded the torrent off ubuntu; Still same 1 error found. It sucks that there's no message that say's what file is corrupt/missing. I don't know what to do. I might just move back to the desktop version that I have, but I really want to make a fully functional ubuntu for my 1005ha.

earthpigg
September 29th, 2009, 07:51 AM
I even downloaded another win32DiskImager

have you tried downloading it in ubuntu, and DD'ing it over from there?

beow
November 1st, 2009, 10:19 AM
Have the same problem. Downloaded 9.10 unr ISO image and checked md5sum. It is OK. Have repartioned and reformated the USB stick (FAT32) and still get the 1 error problem. Same procedure on two different sticks, with same outcome. They are of same brand, will test another brand. However I've used these sticks before for Ubuntu images without problem. If trying to install on the netbook, it halts with a message that the CD is defective.

beow
November 1st, 2009, 03:02 PM
My bad. Seems like I did something wrong with the checksumming. Another md5sum check indeed FAILED. Downloading again (not by torrent this time...) Sorry.

andyashton
January 4th, 2010, 10:24 PM
I'm not sure this is to do with the CD at all. I have downloaded about 5 iso's and none of them work on my Twinhead PIII 650 Mhz laptop running W98. When I used Wubi on my Dell dual core running XP, it installed it a treat with the very same iso files.

When I burned the raw iso file onto a CD and transferred it to the laptop and put it in the same file as the wubi file, nothing.

I can't get my laptop onto the internet to download the files afresh onto the laptop. any ideas?Having seen ubuntu in action on the dell it seems like a really nice way of resurrecting the laptop.

andyashton
January 4th, 2010, 10:25 PM
PS one of the burns I did was in ubuntu on the dell. Still the same error. When I try to install on the laptop, I get the ubuntu logo for a few mintues, and text appearing and disappearing, then just a blank screen of death