PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] how to fix a bug

2xd
September 28th, 2009, 08:45 PM
hi all,

i'm really new at linux so please dont be hursh...

my problam:

i'll open with marking that i have installed KDE 4.3 and during the installaion procces i got an error msg about the "kubutu-docs 9.04.2".

after trying to find any device manager on my gnome with no success, i found that i could install "hardinfo" or "gnome-device-manager" using the "Synaptic Package Manager".

i did found those programs (or what should i call this ?) and while trying to install them, i again recived the error about the kubutu-dcos...

i have been looking into "launchpad.net" and found that this bug has alrady been reported and already have a fix !

its been 3 hours since i saw that fix and i'm still dont have any idea how to apply him in my system... any help !?!?!

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/jaunty/+source/kubuntu-docs/+bug/387364

thanks

cariboo
September 28th, 2009, 10:50 PM
From the bug report, it looks like every one is really confused, I'd wait a day or two for the fixed package to make it to the repositories and try to update the package. I'm not familiar with Kubuntu's package manager, but I see you have synaptic installed, so wait a day or two and start synaptic and clcik the reload button, if the bug fix is a available, it should be in the list if you click the status button.

2xd
September 28th, 2009, 11:31 PM
thanks man... i'll wait for another answer and will chack the syanptic rapidly...

thanks anyway.