PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] How change backgroundcolor menu gtk2 theme?

richierich1986
September 28th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Hi,

I have a question regarding gtk2 themes. I have a nice theme now and everything looks nice, but the only thing bugging me is that menus have the same backgroundcolor as the color of my windows: #BCBCBC, a sort of grey.

I know I can change the background of the 'start menu' with the application gnome-color-chooser, but I want to change it so that menus are the same color in the applications as well.

I just can't seem to find any tutorials on modifying themes or anyone having asked before, so I ask your help! Please, if you know the answer to this or any links to solutions, it would be of great help ;)

Thank you in advance!

urosg3
September 28th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Gnome color chooser, from synaptic...There is option to change global colors,panel color...

richierich1986
September 28th, 2009, 09:29 AM
As I said, gnome-color-chooser is nice for changing the background of the 'start menu', but as far as I could tell, you can't change the color so that it applies to applications as well.

wewantutopia
September 29th, 2009, 01:27 AM
I am looking for the SAME thing....

I have global normal set at black, but the menu backgrounds are just slightly brighter black (very dark gray) so, for example, in open office, the file, edit... etc menus are barely readable. I was able to remedy this for the application menus via the start menu options in Gnome Color Chooser, but how do we change it for the rest of the apps? Thanks.

richierich1986
October 1st, 2009, 02:36 PM
found the solution in another thread here on the forum:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1254035&highlight=dropdown+menu