PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] messed up sound settings after trying to use headset...

selablad
September 28th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Hi all...

A few days ago I tried getting my laptop to work with a new headset - I don't have it on me at the moment so I don't know exactly what it was but it was a USB Logitech headset, if it helps I can find out. Anyway being pretty new to this whole ubuntu thing I looked up how to get it to work (didn't work out of the box) and pretty much blindly followed a whole bunch of instructions and tutorials about alsamixer and pulseaudio and didn't really know what I was doing (although that approach has generally worked quite well for me in the past!)

Anyway, now not only does the headset not work, my normal sound has stopped working as well. I've tried googling it and I tried some of the suggestions on this forum, but at this stage I'm willing to admit that I have no idea what I'm doing and so I'd really desperately like some help about what all of that 'alsamixer' and whatever stuff means. Let me know if there are any details you need.

Thanks in advance.

bootdoc
October 19th, 2009, 04:09 AM
are you using pulseaudio?