PDA

View Full Version : [wubi] the wubi installer appears to not work...

baffle-boy
September 28th, 2009, 07:56 AM
i'm running windows XP, and i wanted to have a dual boot ubuntu/xp, so i downloaded the wubi installer and ran it, it all seemed fine untill... i rebooted my computer and saw NO OPTION to boot into ubuntu. i saw something that may be related to my problem on the guide (some thing about checkdisk?) but i have no idea how to do it. could someone plese tell me in complete n00b terms what to click and what to type? i'm very sorry for the stupid question, but im pretty sure it hasn't been asked... can i just install it from a live CD and still have a dual boot? would it be as easy to uninstall in case i want to try kubuntu later?

Partyboi2
September 28th, 2009, 01:53 PM
If you can not boot into Windows and are required to run check disk you will need to boot a windows disk and boot to the recovery console by pressing 'R' then when you are at the prompt type

chkdsk /p /r

baffle-boy
September 28th, 2009, 11:55 PM
Oh my gosh. i feel so stupid... i typed the wrong thing i meant there was no option to boot into UBUNTU, as in the installation appears to have done nothing at all, any suggestions?