PDA

View Full Version : GTA Vice City with WINE?

tastyturkey
February 9th, 2006, 11:39 PM
Can I run Grand THeft Auto Vice City with the new version of WINE? Any body try this?

frodon
February 10th, 2006, 10:54 AM
It might work, i run some games with wine without any problems. If it don't work with wine you could try with cedega.

handy
February 10th, 2006, 10:59 AM
If you don't have Cedega, you can download the easily installed Cedega_TimeDemo, & test if any games that you want to run work to your satisfaction.

The minimum cost of Cedega is a $5- US, / month, & you can cancel your subscription after 3 months.

e^e
February 10th, 2006, 12:55 PM
GTA:Vice City works pretty well with cedega. dunno about wine though.

hentaidan
February 10th, 2006, 06:49 PM
If you do try cedega, make sure you have an nVidia graphics card; last time I checked GTA:Vice City had problems with ATI :(

Oh, and you might want to check out appdb.wine.hq :
http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?versionId=1841&iTestingId=522

LukeCarrier
January 2nd, 2008, 10:42 AM
It's supposed to work fine on Ubuntu 7.04, but I've4 just tried with the latest version of Wine in the repositories with Ubuntu 7.10 and the installer doesn't load. Running

wine /media/cdrom/setup.exein a terminal produces a load of scary looking error messages.
I haven't yet managed to get any of my games running in Wine, but maybe one day....the developers are doing an excellent job.

EDIT: It should work as long as the compatibility mode is set as Windows 2000 in the 'Configure Wine' dialog. You can check this by going to Appllications > Wine > Configure Wine.

tajiknomi
November 18th, 2010, 08:16 AM
I have install Vice-city on my Lucid using Wine 1.3.6,
the installation complete successfully but whenever i try to run it,i get an error message....

the screen-shot is attached herewith..

marl30
November 18th, 2010, 01:29 PM
San Andreas works perfectly on Wine. It's surprising that Vice City doesn't work as well... well, I'm just going by what others have said in this thread. My Vice City cds stop working like about 5 years ago, so I can't say how perfectly it works on Wine. I play San Andreas every week, mainly the online version. Everything works. And I didn't have to do any tweaking for it to work on the newer versions of Wine.