PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Compiz Burn Effect

Ravernomina
September 28th, 2009, 05:38 AM
Hello im trying to get Compiz Burn effect to run... but i have no clue what to put for Window Match... Help please Thanks (:

ninjapirate89
September 28th, 2009, 05:41 AM
Try this:

((type=Normal | Unknown) | name=sun-awt-X11-XFramePeer | name=sun-awt-X11-XDialogPeer) & !(role=toolTipTip | role=qtooltip_label) & !(type=Normal & override_redirect=1) & !(name=gnome-screensaver)

That is what it has for the default on mine.

~sHyLoCk~
September 28th, 2009, 05:48 AM
Hello im trying to get Compiz Burn effect to run... but i have no clue what to put for Window Match... Help please Thanks (:

you can turn on animation effect and select Burn from there.

ninjapirate89
September 28th, 2009, 05:56 AM
If I'm not mistaken, what the OP wants is the info to put in this box. See screenshot.

Mpa4Hu
February 14th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Hello, i have a question. I installed extra options and Compiz configuration managment (or something like this) i configured everithing but i haven't burn effect in menu. how i can add it?

PS: i have karmic koala

Aly007
February 14th, 2010, 12:25 PM
You have to enable "Animations" and "Animations Add-On" in Effects category. After enable "Animations Add-On" restart CCSM.

jack frost
November 26th, 2010, 01:01 AM
You have to enable "Animations" and "Animations Add-On" in Effects category. After enable "Animations Add-On" restart CCSM.

Thanks.. I always wondered why the burn option did not show up. I just had the magic lamp one on. I didn't really look into it until now.

thebarisaxkid
November 26th, 2010, 01:13 AM

Make sure you get the following first

sudo apt-get install compiz-fuzion-plugins-extra

Or is it...

sudo apt-get install compiz-fusion-extras-plugin

I forget which way it goes. Try switching them around, and try switching the "s" between plugin and extra. You'll get it eventually

dracoinhell
January 29th, 2011, 09:06 PM
The code is as follows

sudo apt-get install compiz-fusion-plugins-extra

smss
January 29th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Hi.
For install Compiz :
1) run a terminal type :
1.1)sudo apt-get install compiz-fusion-plugins-extra simple-ccsm
1.2)Go to Options in the preference, part Paint Burn, and the preferences do.
For use the burn effect :
later active the paint burn by compiz manager
Hit (Shift+Super)+LClick (of mouse)

piere simak pampang
May 11th, 2011, 06:14 AM
i can use burn effects on windows but i cant use burn effects on menu, any ideas???