PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Move widgets from the panel into the system tray

Falc7
September 27th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Hi
There are several widgets (such as battery info, and wireless) that i would like to move from the panel into the system tray, how can i do this?
Using Kutunbu 9.04 and KDE 4.3.1

I've tried clicking the cashew, but that will only let me move widgets around in the panel, not put them into the system tray

benerivo
September 27th, 2009, 09:59 PM
I don't think this is possible, but in kde 4.4 (which i've tried in a pre-release), the system tray plasmoid includes the battery and klipper icons.

Catarina
September 28th, 2009, 12:32 AM
Hi
There are several widgets (such as battery info, and wireless) that i would like to move from the panel into the system tray, how can i do this?
Using Kutunbu 9.04 and KDE 4.3.1

I've tried clicking the cashew, but that will only let me move widgets around in the panel, not put them into the system tray

System tray in distro's like SUSE and Kubuntu is separate from the panel, and it's actually better this way, in case you want to hide a couple of widgets to save more space, whatever... The only KDE distro that has incorporated the wireless and battery widgets (or better, icons) on the system tray was Linux Mint 7 KDE CE. It makes more sense anyway, since kde4daemon is more of an app than a widget, so I think it deserves at least, a place on system tray.