PDA

View Full Version : Ah Chromium loads slightly faster than Google Chrome!

hoppipolla
September 27th, 2009, 08:36 PM
I think this is something to do with the increased weight of Google's branding, it's the subtle software Google install to observe our browsing sessions and to control the browser experience, to ensure that at no time can we browse the net unwatched I... oh wait, I think I just clicked Chromium first :D

myusername
September 27th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Ah Chromium loads slightly faster than Google Chrome!

Source? Proof?

artir
September 27th, 2009, 09:26 PM
And midori is even faster!

kerry_s
September 27th, 2009, 10:03 PM
i have google-chrome on debian lenny, shall we time it?

be back.

hoppipolla
September 27th, 2009, 10:17 PM
i have google-chrome on debian lenny, shall we time it?

be back.

I was only joking lol

they probably load at the same speed!

kerry_s
September 27th, 2009, 10:18 PM
okay i did a reboot, then used the time command for first & second startup.
my laptops 450mhz 256mb ram.

kerry_s
September 27th, 2009, 10:21 PM
I was only joking lol

they probably load at the same speed!

:lolflag: to late all ready rebooted.

hoppipolla
September 27th, 2009, 10:38 PM
:lolflag: to late all ready rebooted.

hehe, i'm surprised people didn't see/get the joke in my post lol :)

which was quicker anyway?

SomeGuyDude
September 27th, 2009, 10:39 PM
I dunno about chrome vs chromium, but Chromium is an instant load compared to the solid five seconds it takes Firefox to start.

kerry_s
September 27th, 2009, 10:59 PM
I dunno about chrome vs chromium, but Chromium is an instant load compared to the solid five seconds it takes Firefox to start.

yeah, i could imagine. firefox/iceweasel feels like it takes forever on this old rig. if only they could get the plugins & extensions right, i would also like to be able to customize the ui, move things around, have the tab bar autohide when only 1 tab.
anyways i would replace firefox/iceweasel in a heart beat, right now i still keep it as the second browser.

hoppipolla
September 27th, 2009, 11:01 PM
yeah, i could imagine. firefox/iceweasel feels like it takes forever on this old rig. if only they could get the plugins & extensions right, i would also like to be able to customize the ui, move things around, have the tab bar autohide when only 1 tab.
anyways i would replace firefox/iceweasel in a heart beat, right now i still keep it as the second browser.

Well there was a point when Firefox really WAS the best browser, like it wipes the floor with IE, Seamonkey, Konqueror, and in my opinion Opera as well!

But it's just it got old I guess. And it wasn't put together in the best way, and Chrome has now shown the shortcomings of it!

Oh, and you can auto-hide the tab bar, it's in preferences I think :)

kerry_s
September 28th, 2009, 02:25 AM
Oh, and you can auto-hide the tab bar, it's in preferences I think

no, i mean auto-hide the tab bar in google-chrome, there is no setting for it in options.

hoppipolla
September 28th, 2009, 02:29 AM
no, i mean auto-hide the tab bar in google-chrome, there is no setting for it in options.

yeah but if you hid the tab bar in Chrome there'd barely be anything left lol

Giant Speck
September 28th, 2009, 03:58 AM
I think this is something to do with the increased weight of Google's branding, it's the subtle software Google install to observe our browsing sessions and to control the browser experience, to ensure that at no time can we browse the net unwatched I... oh wait, I think I just clicked Chromium first :D

And most of those methods in which Google "watches" and "monitors" everything you do while using Google Chrome are OPTIONAL. You can easily turn them off.

hoppipolla
September 28th, 2009, 04:03 AM
And most of those methods in which Google "watches" and "monitors" everything you do while using Google Chrome are OPTIONAL. You can easily turn them off.

Again, I was only joking! lol :)

Although that is cool you can turn them off, I thought there were a few in there somewhere but of course I exaggerated them in this thread coz I was just messing around :)