PDA

View Full Version : Help! Backend does not seem to be linking to front end

roundhay
September 26th, 2009, 12:45 PM
I uplugged the network cable from my myth box to attached another PC to the router. I did not think this would cause a problem but when I switched on the mythbox I got a message saying that the backend was not running and the front end could not connect. I shutdown and reattached the network cable and stopping getting the error message but now not of my channels will lock!

I don't want to reinstall the system as I have a lot of extra's running compared to a vanilla install.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

I am running on a fixed IP address 192.168.1.XXX if the network card was not connected could this have forced an update to a host or config file?

I have updated mythfilldatabase and ran ./optimize_mthdb.pl and reconfigured the database but none of this has helped.

sabre2th
September 30th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Double check the fixed IP. I would bet network manager did something goofy.

roundhay
October 1st, 2009, 09:10 AM
the netwrok manager did screw up, but i have set it back to how it was before I disconnected the cable.

I've not had a lot of time to look into the probelm this week but plan to send some tiome on it this weekend.

According to mythweb all the database files are OK, i'm not sure what to do next

sabre2th
October 1st, 2009, 01:29 PM
Do you have any recordings saved? Can you see them in the 'Watch Recordings' section?

roundhay
October 1st, 2009, 08:30 PM
Yes all the recordings I made before the network cable was removed are still watchable. The only thing that doesn't work is watching TV

sabre2th
October 1st, 2009, 08:40 PM
If the recordings work, then it seems like a tuner issue to me. I'd take a look to make sure your tuners are still configured correctly.

You're sure the only change was the network cable?

roundhay
October 1st, 2009, 10:00 PM
I'm going to have another go at the tuner on Saturday not got much free time until he weekend.

I'm certain it is the only change, I don't do automatic updates and have not updated for a month or so and after it has taken me so long to get a working system I really don't mess with any settings and regularly run the optimization scripts.

This is very frustrating

If I can't sort the tuner at the weekend I'm going to have to start about rebuilding have got used to running a remote frontend upstairs and I'm starting to miss it!

Thanks for your input so far!

sabre2th
October 2nd, 2009, 12:29 AM
I haven't really done anything, so don't thank me yet :P

I'd wait for more people to respond before formatting or anything like that. There's probably an easier solution