PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] F-spot problems... Please help!

ImmigrantUS
September 26th, 2009, 03:38 AM
I'm using both Fspot and Picasa on Ubuntu 8.10. All photos go into Picture folder in home directory. If I move photos in Picasa into named folders, Fspot can't show them any more... Seems that Fspot only stores photos in year/month/day order. Also some photos seems to disappear from Fspot viewing, yet thumbnail remains... Fspot crashes often during viewing photos.
Is there a way to fix these problems? How? Thank you in advance!

quixote
September 27th, 2009, 03:59 AM
This doesn't really answer your question because I don't know how to fix F-spot. I had the same problems and started to use gthumb instead. (To install it, if it's not already under "Graphics" on your system: System > Administration > Synaptic and then search for "gthumb".) I've found it a much better program, and it deals with whatever folder structure you want to give it. It doesn't try to have its own storage system.

As far as I know, Picasa does have its own idea of organizing photos. If you move photos to named folders in nautilus (= the file manager), then they've really moved. But I think in Picasa it only changes the way they seem to be organized in Picasa itself, but the operating system and all other programs will still see them in their real (operating system) folders. So that may be another source of confusion?