PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Gnome-Do Error (related to del.icio.us)

ProfBib
September 25th, 2009, 07:22 PM
I use and really like Gnome-Do. Today, I logged into my office machine and Gnome-Do (which starts automatically at login) would not respond the the usual keyboard shortcut. In system monitor, I discovered that it wasn't running, so I tried to start it from within a terminal and got this output:

Delicious.BookmarksItemSource "Del.icio.us bookmarks" encountered an error in Items: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: source.
Delicious.BookmarksItemSource "Del.icio.us bookmarks" encountered an error in Items: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: source.

Unhandled Exception: System.Xml.XmlException: unexpected end of file in an attribute value Line 104, position 701.
at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadAttributeValueTokens (Int32 dummyQuoteChar) [0x00000]
at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadAttributes (Boolean isXmlDecl) [0x00000]
at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadStartTag () [0x00000]
at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadContent () [0x00000]
at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.Read () [0x00000]
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read () [0x00000]
at Delicious.Delicious.UpdateBookmarks () [0x00000]
Looks like there is a problem with the del.icio.us plugin. Has anyone else exprienced this? Any idea how to fix it? If I could get Gnome-Do started, I would just disable that plugin, but I can't even get it going.

Thanks,
Evan

ProfBib
September 25th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Temporary Fix:

Edit:

~/.local/share/gnome-do/plugins-0.8.1.3/addin-db-001/config.xml

adding this line to that addins config file (config.xml) allowed me to disable the del.icio.us plugin and get things running again:

<Addin id="Do.delicious,2.0" enabled="False" />

So, my config file looks something like this:

<Configuration>
<AddinStatus>
<Addin id="Do.RememberTheMilk,1.0" enabled="False" />
<Addin id="Do.delicious,2.0" enabled="False" />
</AddinStatus>
</Configuration>

Please let me know if you hear of an update to this plugin, and have a wonderful weekend!

Cheers,
Evan