PDA

View Full Version : I am willing to pay someone to make me a usplash theme

jaxxstorm
September 25th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Ok, so I develop a Linux distribution called Spri (http://www.sprilinux.com) - its being downloaded a lot at the moment and its in release candidate.

The only problem is, no matter how hard I try, I cannot make a decent looking usplash theme. I've asked for help in standard ways, but nobody seems interested, which is fair enough.

I will pay anyone who decided to make one the sum of 20 British Pounds (or their currency's equivalent) to anyone who makes a decent looking usplash theme which includes the Spri Logo (http://www.sprilinux.com/4Fh4V.png) and the slogan

Linux. But faster

Thanks in advance

Sean Moran
September 25th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Ok, so I develop a Linux distribution called Spri (http://www.sprilinux.com) - its being downloaded a lot at the moment and its in release candidate.

The only problem is, no matter how hard I try, I cannot make a decent looking usplash theme. I've asked for help in standard ways, but nobody seems interested, which is fair enough.

I will pay anyone who decided to make one the sum of 20 British Pounds (or their currency's equivalent) to anyone who makes a decent looking usplash theme which includes the Spri Logo (http://www.sprilinux.com/4Fh4V.png) and the slogan

Thanks in advance

I am lucky to be so ill these last three years and live on a welfare cheque that it makes no difference to my daily income no matter what work I do, and so I will offer to help with the usplash theme pro bono, because I would earn the same amount over the next 168 or so hours whether I do or not, so I will. I'm quite used to being broke in the prolonged sense of the word, so just tell me how I can spend the weekend to do what you need from here in Perth, Western Australia, on el-cheapo ADSL.

I assume that there maybe some sort of graphics that you would prefer in the first instance, and can get on with that (I'm not bad at GIMP design) with some advice in the direction that Spri is moving, and we can deal with the incidentals as you prefer.

Naturally, I leave this open for anyone with better skills, and more use of 20GBP than I have, but couint me as your contingency plan if you would like someone with a great degree of time to work for no money down.

Either way, I saw the thread on Spri earlier today and wish the best of luck for your project.

jaxxstorm
September 25th, 2009, 12:55 PM
I am lucky to be so ill these last three years and live on a welfare cheque that it makes no difference to my daily income no matter what work I do, and so I will offer to help with the usplash theme pro bono, because I would earn the same amount over the next 168 or so hours whether I do or not, so I will. I'm quite used to being broke in the prolonged sense of the word, so just tell me how I can spend the weekend to do what you need from here in Perth, Western Australia, on el-cheapo ADSL.

I assume that there maybe some sort of graphics that you would prefer in the first instance, and can get on with that (I'm not bad at GIMP design) with some advice in the direction that Spri is moving, and we can deal with the incidentals as you prefer.

Naturally, I leave this open for anyone with better skills, and more use of 20GBP than I have, but couint me as your contingency plan if you would like someone with a great degree of time to work for no money down.

Either way, I saw the thread on Spri earlier today and wish the best of luck for your project.

Have you made usplash themes before? If you make a usplash theme I'm happy with, I will happily donate the £20 to a charity of your choice if thats what you'd prefer?

Sean Moran
September 25th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Have you made usplash themes before? If you make a usplash theme I'm happy with, I will happily donate the £20 to a charity of your choice if thats what you'd prefer?

I have no idea what an usplash theme is other than it probably involves a little graphics, comes into play just on login, and this is Friday night. I estimate that due to the fact that usplash is a simple man-made appliance, than it can be done by Sunday at 10:00 gmt without assistance apart from the basic requisites of what is particularly required for this version as opposed to the standard, and ask for you to donate that £20 to the Epilepsy Foundation of Western Australia if I can work out how to put it together by then. I have never suffered from epilepsy but they might benifit more from this weekend's work than I would from the cash.

Have I set my goals too high from the system level?

---o0o---

Jack, if I may ask, may I now let my old PC take a rest for the night (is it after 8pm here in Perth and she's tired after a long day and so am I.) and tomorrow I will start practicing building usplash themes and hope that once I have it worked out to a smooth system, I can adjust things to the way you require by Sunday night here (10:00 am GMT).

Please allow me the weekend to get on with the job and don't stop looking for better help than I could give you, but I will try. I like the idea of Spri and that is the important thing, so I will do my best, whatever I can manage.

Thanks for the challenge and I will report back on Sunday night.

bkratz
September 25th, 2009, 01:42 PM
I have no idea what an usplash theme is other than it probably involves a little graphics, comes into play just on login, and this is Friday night. I estimate that due to the fact that usplash is a simple man-made appliance, than it can be done by Sunday at 10:00 gmt without assistance apart from the basic requisites of what is particularly required for this version as opposed to the standard, and ask for you to donate that £20 to the Epilepsy Foundation of Western Australia if I can work out how to put it together by then. I have never suffered from epilepsy but they might benifit more from this weekend's work than I would from the cash.

Have I set my goals too high from the system level?

---o0o---

Jack, if I may ask, may I now let my old PC take a rest for the night (is it after 8pm here in Perth and she's tired after a long day and so am I.) and tomorrow I will start practicing building usplash themes and hope that once I have it worked out to a smooth system, I can adjust things to the way you require by Sunday night here (10:00 am GMT).

Please allow me the weekend to get on with the job and don't stop looking for better help than I could give you, but I will try. I like the idea of Spri and that is the important thing, so I will do my best, whatever I can manage.

Thanks for the challenge and I will report back on Sunday night.

Found this on the web, maybe will explain a few things.

http://maketecheasier.com/create-install-your-own-usplash-theme-in-ubuntu/2009/01/25

jaxxstorm
September 25th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Found this on the web, maybe will explain a few things.

http://maketecheasier.com/create-install-your-own-usplash-theme-in-ubuntu/2009/01/25

I've tried that, but it depends on editing the GRUB menu, which isn't ideal.

Xbehave
September 25th, 2009, 04:04 PM
I've tried that, but it depends on editing the GRUB menu, which isn't ideal.
I don't think it should, that line doesn't really make sense, as you will just be replacing one usplash theme with another. I'd give it a try without that line. I may be wrong, but the worst that could happen is that you need to remove splash to get the system to boot properly, once done you should be able to revert you usplash theme and go back to normal, however i think the best thing to do is to have a safe initrd.img just incase.

Im not currently on ubuntu or any good with graphics but I may give it a shot anyway.

jaxxstorm
September 25th, 2009, 04:08 PM
I don't think it should, that line doesn't really make sense, as you will just be replacing one usplash theme with another. I'd give it a try without that line. I may be wrong, but the worst that could happen is that you need to remove splash to get the system to boot properly, once done you should be able to revert you usplash theme and go back to normal, however i think the best thing to do is to have a safe initrd.img just incase.

Im not currently on ubuntu or any good with graphics but I may give it a shot anyway.

The linked tutorial isn't about usplash, its about splashy, a different splash screen program/software - hence the need to edit grub

Xbehave
September 25th, 2009, 04:19 PM
The linked tutorial isn't about usplash, its about splashy, a different splash screen program/software - hence the need to edit grub

Ah ok, well i found this (http://ubuntusatanic.org/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=21&page=1) for usplash, its abit old 2008, but it is definetely for ubuntu and usplash. Hope this helps people out.

Dark Aspect
September 25th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Interesting,

I hate to get off topic but I have two questions, jaxxstorm how well would you think Spri would run on a 600 Mhz picky Intel computer? And what kinda of repositories does it use?

When I say picky Intel, I mean it wouldn't load Ubuntu and puppy Linux is for some reason very slow. However command line Linux (Like Arch) and windows XP runs fine on it.

jaxxstorm
September 25th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Interesting,

I hate to get off topic but I have two questions, jaxxstorm how well would you think Spri would run on a 600 Mhz picky Intel computer? And what kinda of repositories does it use?

When I say picky Intel, I mean it wouldn't load Ubuntu and puppy Linux is for some reason very slow. However command line Linux (Like Arch) and windows XP runs fine on it.

Give it a try, how much RAM does it have in it?

I'm positive it'll run well, people have run it on slower chips than 600Mhz, but of course there are no guarantees

jaxxstorm
September 25th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Ah ok, well i found this (http://ubuntusatanic.org/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=21&page=1) for usplash, its abit old 2008, but it is definetely for ubuntu and usplash. Hope this helps people out.

I've tried this method, several times. The usplash never compiles properly, and if it does it doesn't display properly, if at all.
its really, really annoying

Dark Aspect
September 25th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Give it a try, how much RAM does it have in it?

I'm positive it'll run well, people have run it on slower chips than 600Mhz, but of course there are no guarantees

512MB, I think its a slow bus though. Maybe PC2800 but I am not sure, I'll try it out thanks.

BslBryan
September 25th, 2009, 05:48 PM
I have fooled around and made my own distro based on Ubuntu before. So, I have experience in making USplash themes. The only catch is that I am at school and have tons of work to do over the weekend, so I don't have time to do this for the next week or so.

Is there a time you need it done?

jaxxstorm
September 25th, 2009, 06:00 PM
I have fooled around and made my own distro based on Ubuntu before. So, I have experience in making USplash themes. The only catch is that I am at school and have tons of work to do over the weekend, so I don't have time to do this for the next week or so.

Is there a time you need it done?

My personal deadline for the final release of Spri is the 15th October.

The second release candidate will be released a week before then, and I'd really like a usplas for RC2, so 8th October would be brilliant if you can have it done by then?

jaxxstorm
September 25th, 2009, 08:23 PM
I've added a bit more information in a blog post http://www.sprilinux.com/?q=node/48on the website.

BslBryan
September 26th, 2009, 03:52 AM
I will try to get it done. Before I begin, can I know which version of Ubuntu was your base?

Also, I am correct in assuming that uninstalling usplash and using instead splashy is out of the question?

Sean Moran
September 26th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Just to report in on progress so far over the weekend so far.

It has certainly been an unprecedented learning-curve since I woke up this morning (around 11 hours ago from here on GMT+8). The additional links supplied by the other contributors to this thread have been fantastically helpful since I stuck my foot in it last night and offered to help out with something that I didn't have a clue what I was going on about, apart from the general basics of what usplash is there for.

Just got the first customised usplash-theme-xubuntui.so to work on this Ubuntu 9.04 dizzy, and it's a roughy orright, but it seems to have worked the first time, thanks to the broad range of helpful links and advice that I found from you all here and from a few searches for 'usplash' around the place.

I still don't really have a clue how I actually managed to fluke it the first time, but now I have all day tomorrow to polish up the act and get it a more pleasing sort of appearance than this background, as well as fix up the palette colours 0,1,2,4,8, & 13 that I have set to bright reds and yellows and greens and blues so that I will know where they are visible on the finished job.

There is also currently a small black rectangle centred around the lower third of the splash page - around 240x160 would be a rough guess as I haven't worked out how to take screen shots during boot up and might have to rely on the digital camera for that part.

It'll be a little more properly done tomorrow, (God, Weather and ADSL permitting), now that the first rough effort went successfully. Right now I am using a very rough draft sort of plain background in accordance with your (Jaxx's) specifications on your website and here, (I hope I'm following the right instructions) and would like to ask a quick question or two on where to take it from the rough point depicted below. at 800x600 resolution, (if you'll excuse such primitive looking image at this point):

http://mcubuntu.webatu.com/img/usplash_800_600.png

1. What sort of layout would you like regarding the placement of the logo on the page?

2. Within the capacity of 256 colours, would the use of blending to black edges or other jazzy little tricks be more appealing, or is a nice neat plain blue background such as the one above more to your liiking?

3. Currently. the splash runs while Ubuntu is booting, but then reverts to the standard black background for the login screen, and I assume that it might be wise to run up a corresponding sort of login background as well, which can't be too difficult to work out how to do now that I've come this far.
Would you like me to work on that part as well tomorrow and see what I can contrive?

This is a wonderful learning experience and time well spent for me, so thank's for the suggestion and please don't feel obliged to donate anything to a charity, as I'm getting a free education out of this. Also I must apologise if I came across as a bit of a sob-artist on first reply last night, and it was probably because it was late on a Friday night and I'd had a few too many beers, and knew not how to put things in the proper context, regarding the work-for-pay sort of stuff that isn't really my forte anymore.

Now that the tech side seems to be under control, please let me know of the artwork side that you envisage as part of your project, and I will try to abide with your expectations.

jaxxstorm
September 26th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Just to report in on progress so far over the weekend so far.

It has certainly been an unprecedented learning-curve since I woke up this morning (around 11 hours ago from here on GMT+8). The additional links supplied by the other contributors to this thread have been fantastically helpful since I stuck my foot in it last night and offered to help out with something that I didn't have a clue what I was going on about, apart from the general basics of what usplash is there for.

Just got the first customised usplash-theme-xubuntui.so to work on this Ubuntu 9.04 dizzy, and it's a roughy orright, but it seems to have worked the first time, thanks to the broad range of helpful links and advice that I found from you all here and from a few searches for 'usplash' around the place.

I still don't really have a clue how I actually managed to fluke it the first time, but now I have all day tomorrow to polish up the act and get it a more pleasing sort of appearance than this background, as well as fix up the palette colours 0,1,2,4,8, & 13 that I have set to bright reds and yellows and greens and blues so that I will know where they are visible on the finished job.

There is also currently a small black rectangle centred around the lower third of the splash page - around 240x160 would be a rough guess as I haven't worked out how to take screen shots during boot up and might have to rely on the digital camera for that part.

It'll be a little more properly done tomorrow, (God, Weather and ADSL permitting), now that the first rough effort went successfully. Right now I am using a very rough draft sort of plain background in accordance with your (Jaxx's) specifications on your website and here, (I hope I'm following the right instructions) and would like to ask a quick question or two on where to take it from the rough point depicted below. at 800x600 resolution, (if you'll excuse such primitive looking image at this point):

http://mcubuntu.webatu.com/img/usplash_800_600.png

1. What sort of layout would you like regarding the placement of the logo on the page?

2. Within the capacity of 256 colours, would the use of blending to black edges or other jazzy little tricks be more appealing, or is a nice neat plain blue background such as the one above more to your liiking?

3. Currently. the splash runs while Ubuntu is booting, but then reverts to the standard black background for the login screen, and I assume that it might be wise to run up a corresponding sort of login background as well, which can't be too difficult to work out how to do now that I've come this far.
Would you like me to work on that part as well tomorrow and see what I can contrive?

This is a wonderful learning experience and time well spent for me, so thank's for the suggestion and please don't feel obliged to donate anything to a charity, as I'm getting a free education out of this. Also I must apologise if I came across as a bit of a sob-artist on first reply last night, and it was probably because it was late on a Friday night and I'd had a few too many beers, and knew not how to put things in the proper context, regarding the work-for-pay sort of stuff that isn't really my forte anymore.

Now that the tech side seems to be under control, please let me know of the artwork side that you envisage as part of your project, and I will try to abide with your expectations.

1. I'd like the Logo to be above the "throbber" much like the Ubuntu usplash

2. I'd prefer the majority of the usplash's background to be black, with any fancy/neat little tricks you think are appropriate!

3. I'm not sure what you mean by this. If you're talkin aboput login screens, I already have a login screen created using the SLiM login manager which I've extremely happy with.

jaxxstorm
September 26th, 2009, 11:36 AM
I will try to get it done. Before I begin, can I know which version of Ubuntu was your base?

Also, I am correct in assuming that uninstalling usplash and using instead splashy is out of the question?

Its Ubuntu Jaunty

And I would very much prefer usplash and not splashy.

Sean Moran
September 26th, 2009, 11:59 AM
1. I'd like the Logo to be above the "throbber" much like the Ubuntu usplash

2. I'd prefer the majority of the usplash's background to be black, with any fancy/neat little tricks you think are appropriate!

3. I'm not sure what you mean by this. If you're talkin aboput login screens, I already have a login screen created using the SLiM login manager which I've extremely happy with.

Thanks for your quick reply and I see fairly clearly from your responses what to do tomorrow.

3. That's great to know that there is no necessity to go further than the simple usplash theme as I suspected but thought I should ask so as not to waste time doing something you have done done. No need for me to worry about the login screen, providing the backgrounds can somehow work nicely together, which brings me to point #2:

2. Gotcha. I'll try to work on the same shade of blue centred and fading out to black edges, and keep the fancy tricks within reason. From what I noticed on the screenshots from where I took the background colour, it's a nice neat system that doesn't want too many bells and whistles cluttering things up, but should exemplify class without too much glitz, and I hope I am starting to get the right idea on the overall theme of the Spri distribution. The picture needs to paint the right thousand words is all.

1. Logo centred above throbber is works for me too. Most of today's experiments took that tack, but just to make sure, I thought it worth a little lower-right lateral thinking. Not to worry. Back on top agaiin tomorrow.

I will hopefully have a couple of .second-fdraft so files uploaded to my website this time tomorrow that you might be interested in having a look at, and see what needs to be done from there.

No hurry to answer this question as I can do both just as easy as one or the other now, but considering that nicel little arc down in the lower-left of the Spri desktop, would you prefer the light blue to fade to grey elliptically or rectangularly? I'd hazard a guess that rectangular might be more appropriate and willl rig up a few variations from plain to fancy and square to round and have something hopefully ready to go with tomorrow, given a few to choose from.

Also, the resolutions that I have been working with have been 640x400, 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, and 1365x768. I hope that these will work on other machines as required, and if there might be any I've left out, please let me know although it's no great problem to add an extra resolution into the mix if need be.

Thanks again for helping me learn a new Ubuntu trick and I hope to have something more than just a basic background for you to have a look at this time tomorrow.

:popcorn:

jaxxstorm
September 26th, 2009, 12:09 PM
No hurry to answer this question as I can do both just as easy as one or the other now, but considering that nicel little arc down in the lower-left of the Spri desktop, would you prefer the light blue to fade to grey elliptically or rectangularly? I'd hazard a guess that rectangular might be more appropriate and willl rig up a few variations from plain to fancy and square to round and have something hopefully ready to go with tomorrow, given a few to choose from.

Whichever you think looks better - you're the artistic one after all!

Also, the resolutions that I have been working with have been 640x400, 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, and 1365x768. I hope that these will work on other machines as required, and if there might be any I've left out, please let me know although it's no great problem to add an extra resolution into the mix if need be.

These were all the resolutions I required! Thanks!

Thanks again for helping me learn a new Ubuntu trick and I hope to have something more than just a basic background for you to have a look at this time tomorrow.

I owe you all the thanks, the usplash is the last piece of a jigsaw for what I hope will be an extremely polished and attractive distro!

Sean Moran
September 27th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Still a couple of hours before the 10:00gmt deadline that kept me a little sleepless on Friday night as the effect of the beer diminished and I wondered if I could learn to do these then unknown things as quick as I'd courageously (drunkenly) promised whilst under the influence, but I have a lot of faith in the well-documented systems that comprise Ubuntu and if mine was the only computer in the world then those .so files seem to be working like a charm with each time I cd to the latest working directory and simply type make.
It's terrific software, this Ubuntu.

At this point, it might be worthwhile checking to see if the .so files I have been making today will actually work on other machines, particularly with regards the video settings and screen resolutions. The method I have adopted is fairly straight forward, and hopefully staying within the realms of the tried and tested Xubuntu usplash source - I'm simply overwriting the usplash_HHH_VVV.png files with the new images, and leaving the throbber files and .c source file untouched.

I've uploaded a tar.gz of a 'reasonable' sort of example, although it's still probably in need of some feedback from yourself (Jaxx) on the design work. So far, I've only managed to get one sort of design reasonably puit together, and it's now starting to become fairly quick and easy to make graphical changes, save the .png files to the right places and build another, so please don't worry if the look+feel is not yet what is required for Spri.

The .so.tar.gz file came out at 300kb for this latest prototype, and can be downloaded from THIS (http://mcubuntu.webatu.com/spri/) little website to test whether it works or not on someone else's machine.

The method I've been using to test the files has been simply to extract the .so file and then I am using Startup Manager to make it quick and easy and just reboot to see what it looks like in action. In still image form, the background is looking like that below, for what it's worth so far.

http://mcubuntu.webatu.com/spri/bgd/spribgnd_sun.png

The blue I in Spri is not easy to make out at the moment, is one flaw I've noticed. I'll work on the bugs but it might be good to know that these things I am doing might comply with the techical requirements, and if not, what I should be doing to make them work properly..

PS: Please don't worry that the shadows and highlights are still all skew-wiff - I se it, but that's something to iron out when the overall design is looking roughly the right way.

jaxxstorm
September 27th, 2009, 10:52 AM
I'll download and test now.

That looks beautiful by the way, simply stunning.

jaxxstorm
September 27th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Well, I've just tested it. What can I say. It is brilliant, perfect, and everything I would have imagined!

Let me know when you're personally happy with the design. I'm more than happy to use it as it is, but its your design so you tell me what is best!

Also, a tip, if you do

sudo usplash -c

you can see what the usplash looks like without rebooting, although you have to have installed the usplash first

Sean Moran
September 27th, 2009, 12:21 PM
It's a great relief that it's moving in the right directions technically AND aesthetically and I'm a bit chuffed at your compliments on that rough sketch with the light and shadow all jumbled up and jagged edges on the logo diamonds. *does a little dance*

Tomorrow starts another week and it is a rare treat to be able to sleep tonight in the knowledge that I actually have something to DO on Monday, for a change. The final adjustments should be fairly easy now I'm starting to get the hang of it, and although it will be officially 24 hours later than promised, if all goes as planned, I'll have another couple of .so files (finished) beside the second-draft on that little website by 10:00gmt tomorrow, and take a bit more time to line things up and remove the swarf so that it looks a little less amateurish.

It's been a pleasure to take on a new challenge like this over the weekend and get something to work, so thanks siincerely for the opportunty to do it, Jaxx. I look forward to downloading the .iso for Spri next month and knowing that I might have played a small part in the project.

Goodnight and see you tomorrow. =D>

PS: Thanks for the help with usplash -c. Only trouble was when I tried it, I couldn't work out how to exit afterwards, but maybe I should take a little more time to learn how.

jaxxstorm
September 27th, 2009, 12:37 PM
PS: Thanks for the help with usplash -c. Only trouble was when I tried it, I couldn't work out how to exit afterwards, but maybe I should take a little more time to learn how.

usplash -c opens the the preview in a seperate tty, so to move back to your desktop do ctrl + alt + F7

jaxxstorm
September 28th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Good morning Sean,

Just to let you know, I've added the usplash theme that you made as it is, I've packaged it in a deb file, so updating it won;t be any problem.

Could you just make sure that any future version you may choose to make are named the same as the old one, that way it makes it easier for me to package

:)

Thankyou so so much!

Plumtreed
September 28th, 2009, 10:17 AM
It's none of my business but I think it looks fantastic and completely fresh! :KS

jaxxstorm
September 28th, 2009, 10:30 AM
It's none of my business but I think it looks fantastic and completely fresh! :KS

You use Spri, therefore it is your business as much as it is mine!

If you update your Spri installation, it should install automagically.

Sean Moran
September 28th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Good morning Sean,

Just to let you know, I've added the usplash theme that you made as it is, I've packaged it in a deb file, so updating it won't be any problem.

Could you just make sure that any future version you may choose to make are named the same as the old one, that way it makes it easier for me to package

:)

Thankyou so so much!

Good news to hear that you still like it after having some time to consider it overnight, my friend. Your timing is impeccable to as you made it ten minutes before I was about to admit defeat for the day after I forgot about the black message box and the darned thing cut the tail off the slightly larger reflection under the horizon, and I didn't notice it around an hour ago when I went to test it all out, so I'm gonna have to make a few adjustments to the .c source parameters somehow (y-axis value probably) to sink the black box ...

... or just go with the one from yesterday, if it seems happy in the package.

There is a small problem with the jagged edges in that one, and it was more a matter of haste yesterday, but images really should be reduced to lower resolution when still in RGB mode, before swapping to the 256 colour palette, and that's where the swarf comes from in the straight lines, but it's a far quicker way to test things out rough draft and admittedly I didn't think of that yesterday.

To top it all off, the little website I ran up yesterday has come under review by the hosting co. (they're a top-class mob and it should be done in a couple of hours), but I've moved the site to another URL at http://antarctica.netau.net/spri/ temporarily and there are three more very similar backgrounds, all much of a muchness.

If it suits you better to get on with the next level, then all I would REALLY like to do is to fix up the rough lines from yesterday's effort (because it looks trashy on 800x600) and I've added a highlight to the [b]Spri{/b} to help it stand out, swapped the shadows, taken out the starshot, put it back, and a few things that weren't realy necessary. It's not all that important anyway.

The slogan is another one I left out yesterday, and whether it's the right font or not, you'd know better than I. I've used UPPERCASE because of the comma/full-stop - capital B/small B - conjunction problem, but it's only a five minute job to change it or remove it.

Everything that I did today will need to be fixed up in the morning so please don't bother testing any just yet, if at all, but it'll be fairly easy to finish up now, and if you're happy with the way it is, and see no need to make anymore adjustments, then I will upload the final copy tomorrow with just the lines straightened out and sans slogan.

Please advise on any last changes you would like and here's one of the alternatives I drew up today, just to spur the imagination, although I forgot about the black box and I will get that one more final done tomorrow.

It's been a great fun time these last three days, so I hope you don't mind if I finish it off reasonably properly tomorrow morning. Not far to go now and I'll make sure to use the same filenames. The so.tar.gz will be at both those URLS tomorrow and I'll make sure you can't miss it on the page.

http://lobby.oz.netau.net/images/smilies/02twin/icon_chongao.gif

================================================

Tuesday morning, 02:40 gmt.

Good morning Jaxx.

Hopefully this final will be fairly close to Sunday's roughie that you were happy with, without the jagged edges, and with the I in Spri more prominent.

The final .so.tar.gz file came out at just over 390kb and the original site has passed review, so it can be found here (http://mcubuntu.webatu.com/spri/).

Please let me know if there might be any further changes required and I should be able to fix up any further bugs in 24 hours or less.

http://mcubuntu.webatu.com/spri/spri_tue.png