PDA

View Full Version : tongue in cheek?

thefamousnomo
February 9th, 2006, 08:49 AM
hello people

anyone else noticed in user cp > update profile

Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.
Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed.

has anyones dob ever actually changed...?

if this is tongue in cheek humour, then its just another reason to love this distro / forum / community!

aim high people!

xmastree
February 9th, 2006, 08:59 AM
Well... I suspect that it means if the entry has changed. Like, you sign up and don't fill in all the details, then once you decided to stick around you go back and fill in a few blanks.

OTOH, I know someone who's dob has actually changed...

xequence
February 9th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Mine has. I decided I was born on a different day and changed my birthday.

Brunellus
February 9th, 2006, 04:44 PM
It would be unlikely. The most likely candidate would be a change in calendars, from Julian to Gregorian-that is, Old Style to New Style--but seeing as Pope Gregory mandated the change almost 600 years ago now, the chances of someone translating an Old Style birthdate to a New Style one are pretty remote.

Of course, Old Style is not POSIX compliant.

But, as with all standards, there are always some holdouts....

thefamousnomo
February 10th, 2006, 09:57 AM
OTOH, I know someone who's dob has actually changed...

hello people!

although this was posted for fun i cant stop thinking bout this. do you by any chance mean jesus christ? this is just a stab in the dark but with your name and the fact that i believe that the celebration of christs birthday is historically incorrect.

im no expert by any means, but these things keep me awake (at work)!

do i win a prize?

thanx

xmastree
February 10th, 2006, 10:07 AM
do you by any chance mean jesus christ?
No. :-#

thefamousnomo
February 10th, 2006, 12:14 PM
No. :-#

k,thnx

Lord Illidan
February 10th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Maybe someone made a mistake in entering their d_o_b?
Date of Births can change. What if I want to change my identity?

Lovechild
February 10th, 2006, 12:46 PM
So if we have intents of lying about our age to avoid... the grumpy old man factor.. we have to advice the mods..

Okay, I'd like to lie myself younger, I feel old - can I be like.. 18 again?

thefamousnomo
February 10th, 2006, 04:21 PM
^^^^^
responses not expected

keep well people!

xmastree
February 10th, 2006, 04:28 PM
I suppose I ought to clear things up a little, but on the other hand, it's something which isn't exactly common knowledge, and isn't meant to be.
Let's just say... Think along the lines of identity change for whatever reason.
I know someone who's 'official' birthday, as stated on his birth certificate and every other document isn't the actual day on which he was born. It's a couple of days off.

mstlyevil
February 10th, 2006, 04:52 PM
So if we have intents of lying about our age to avoid... the grumpy old man factor.. we have to advice the mods..

Okay, I'd like to lie myself younger, I feel old - can I be like.. 18 again?

I want to be 15 again and a freshman in high school with what I know now. Then watch out for me because I will take over the world. :D