PDA

View Full Version : Staying up = hunger.

dragos240
September 25th, 2009, 04:04 AM
Any way to stop this? Your body is not hungry during sleep, but can be during consciousness.

tuxxy
September 25th, 2009, 04:05 AM
eat? :lolflag:

dragos240
September 25th, 2009, 04:05 AM
Well there's that.

-grubby
September 25th, 2009, 04:07 AM
eat? :lolflag:

/thread

tuxxy
September 25th, 2009, 04:07 AM
lol thread of the day easily

hoppipolla
September 25th, 2009, 04:09 AM
lol thread of the day easily

hehe yeah ^_^

But yeah man, as long as you still get your normal number of hours sleep, you will just... not be craving food... during that time.. right? o.O

magmon
September 25th, 2009, 04:10 AM
Well, if I'm distracted, I don't get hungry. I've gone three days on a cup of cheese its and paper mario.

schauerlich
September 25th, 2009, 04:12 AM
Generally, eating is the best way to curtail hunger.

tjwoosta
September 25th, 2009, 04:13 AM
Any way to stop this? Your body is not hungry during sleep, but can be during consciousness.

You mixed up the 2 and the 4 didn't you ;)

dragos240
September 25th, 2009, 04:14 AM
You mixed up the 2 and the 4 didn't you ;)

????

etnlIcarus
September 25th, 2009, 04:19 AM
I often wake up in the middle of the night, in a cold sweat. Ahh, the joys of being hypoglycaemic.

schauerlich
September 25th, 2009, 04:20 AM
????

240 --> 420 --> weed --> munchies --> talking about food on the internet. At least I'm guessing that's what he was going for.

magmon
September 25th, 2009, 04:21 AM
I often wake up in the middle of the night, in a cold sweat. Ahh, the joys of being hypoglycaemic.

That sounds quite horrible. I don't have anything similar, but most nights I don't dream. I sleep, and I wake up. It's a rather depressing cycle.

tjwoosta
September 25th, 2009, 04:21 AM
????

lol, in your name?

Ill admit it was a lame joke, basically I was saying you've been smoking weed haven't you. It just seemed like a very stony question you asked there.

razorboy5
September 25th, 2009, 04:26 AM
dont really like eating just before bed either

generally i just try to drink a few cups of water :P
somewhat fills u up and no food necessary

wetting the bed is another issue :P

hoppipolla
September 25th, 2009, 04:28 AM
dont really like eating just before bed either

generally i just try to drink a few cups of water :P
somewhat fills u up and no food necessary

wetting the bed is another issue :P

rofl! yup gotta watch out for that one xD

etnlIcarus
September 25th, 2009, 04:30 AM
That sounds quite horrible. I don't have anything similar, but most nights I don't dream. I sleep, and I wake up. It's a rather depressing cycle.

Well, the consensus is certainly that we do dream, we just don't remember it. As far as I'm aware, I don't dream either. It's no great loss, though; the few dreams I've had, have been nonsense.

earthpigg
September 25th, 2009, 04:32 AM

dark beer is filling.

magmon
September 25th, 2009, 04:34 AM
Well, the consensus is certainly that we do dream, we just don't remember it. As far as I'm aware, I don't dream either. It's no great loss, though; the few dreams I've had, have been nonsense.

I have to agree. My dreams are usually incredibly random and none of the ever changing elements make sense. My favorite example of this was the night I dreamt I was a mobster. Right in the middle, I randomly turned into a cat and began playing poker.

running_rabbit07
September 25th, 2009, 04:36 AM
When I start getting those cravings for munchies late at night, I drink water and chew a piece of gum. Nothing starts packing on pounds faster than eating junk food right before bed. Usually I find myself debating getting up to eat or go to bed and find myself going for the bed. unlike now, when I am tired and hungry, but have to wait for Debian to finish installing in my VBox.

Excedio
September 25th, 2009, 04:42 AM
dark beer is filling.

If i'm not mistaken, the gentleboy in question is at the ripe old age of 14...and lives in the states... I hope he's not drinking dark beer.... but he can definately give it to me :-D

running_rabbit07
September 25th, 2009, 04:46 AM
If i'm not mistaken, the gentleboy in question is at the ripe old age of 14...and lives in the states... I hope he's not drinking dark beer.... but he can definately give it to me :-D

14 can legally drink at home with parent or guardian here in Nevada. Not that I would allow it in my house though. I let my 19 year old brother-in-law drink when he is over just because he is in the military and my philosophy is that, "if you can die for your country, then you can drink in your country."

Excedio
September 25th, 2009, 04:50 AM
14 can legally drink at home with parent or guardian here in Nevada.*snip*

Did not know that...cool...and I agree with you for not allowing still

I let my 19 year old brother-in-law drink when he is over just because he is in the military and my philosophy is that, "if you can die for your country, then you can drink in your country."

Completely...totally...whole-heartedly...100%...agree

eragon100
September 25th, 2009, 07:23 AM
I don't dream usually (or, well at least I don't remember it), but I did have a dream once where I was a ninja fighting all kind of live-and-dead fights with melee weapons and magic and such. That was cool! :popcorn:

(It happened after watching three naruto episodes just before going to sleep by the way :D)

Perfect Storm
September 25th, 2009, 07:50 AM
For those who have problem remembering dreams; http://books.google.dk/books?id=ZkCxNydFXjwC&lpg=PA321&ots=pIopbVISyC&dq=remember%20dreams%20exercise&pg=PP1#v=onepage&q=remember%20dreams%20exercise&f=false

hobo14
September 25th, 2009, 08:07 AM
14 can legally drink at home with parent or guardian here in Nevada. Not that I would allow it in my house though. I let my 19 year old brother-in-law drink when he is over just because he is in the military and my philosophy is that, "if you can die for your country, then you can drink in your country."

Don't know how you guys stand/stood it; in Australia drinking in a bar is legal from 18, drinking at home is legal any age.

Telling a 19 year old Australian he can't have a drink with you because he's too young would likely get you punched in the face or on the receiving end of a long string of expletives , especially if he's just come home from a military tour.
(Perhaps not for a brother in law, of course).

etnlIcarus
September 25th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Even if I read books, I doubt that one would ever make it to the top of the pile.

Exodist
September 25th, 2009, 10:02 AM
dark beer is filling.

If no dark beer is present. Milk and cookies work also..

sliketymo
September 25th, 2009, 10:11 AM
If no dark beer is present. Milk and cookies work also..
:guitar:Banana pudding works for me! I even dream about it sometimes!

t0p
September 25th, 2009, 10:19 AM
14 can legally drink at home with parent or guardian here in Nevada.

What a barbaric place you live in! Here in the uk, children as young as 5 can drink alcohol in the home.

Seriously.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/alcohol/alcohol_law2.shtml

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_drinking_age#Europe

tjwoosta
September 25th, 2009, 06:21 PM
14 can legally drink at home with parent or guardian here in Nevada.
What a barbaric place you live in! Here in the uk, children as young as 5 can drink alcohol in the home.

Seriously.

That has to cause some serious developmental problems. I can see maybe just a splash of wine or something that would have no effect, but actual consumption of alcohol just seems like bad news.

hoppipolla
September 25th, 2009, 06:33 PM

Seriously.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/alcohol/alcohol_law2.shtml

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_drinking_age#Europe

lol that's mental! If it were up to me the drinking age would be 17 in public and maybe... yeah, 13/14 at home :)

running_rabbit07
September 25th, 2009, 06:36 PM
That has to cause some serious developmental problems. I can see maybe just a splash of wine or something that would have no effect, but actual consumption of alcohol just seems like bad news.

Allowing youngsters to drink a beer every now and then is okay as long as they are not getting drunk. The good part about letting them drink young is teaching them to do it wisely. Instead many parent disallow it and then the kid goes out with friends and gets drunk and then one of them ends of driving the other kids home. When you teach them control at home, they don't have that drinking is cool mentality that many teens get. Even worse are the ones that learn to drink at the age 21, because they have not learned it's affects and may be dumb enough to drive while intoxicated.

Anyway, we are getting off subject.

hoppipolla
September 25th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Oh, and weed I think should also be legal from 17 or 18 ^_^

RiceMonster
September 25th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Allowing youngsters to drink a beer every now and then is okay as long as they are not getting drunk. The good part about letting them drink young is teaching them to do it wisely. Instead many parent disallow it and then the kid goes out with friends and gets drunk and then one of them ends of driving the other kids home. When you teach them control at home, they don't have that drinking is cool mentality that many teens get. Even worse are the ones that learn to drink at the age 21, because they have not learned it's affects and may be dumb enough to drive while intoxicated.

Anyway, we are getting off subject.

Most teens know the effects of alcohol actually, they just do not know how to contain themselves or how much they can drink. That's the real problem.

running_rabbit07
September 25th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Most teens know the effects of alcohol actually, they just do not know how to contain themselves or how much they can drink. That's the real problem.

Agreed. That is why I think it is better to teach them how to drink at home, so when they get stupid, it is easier to keep them out of trouble and out of their friends cars.

Ozor Mox
September 25th, 2009, 06:46 PM
The title of this thread made me hungry, and now the discussion is making me want a beer! :)

running_rabbit07
September 25th, 2009, 06:48 PM
The title of this thread made me hungry, and now the discussion is making me want a beer! :)

Isn't that beer pressure a beach?

dragos240
September 25th, 2009, 11:36 PM

Well, it's not too bad here, to my knowledge it's okay to have 1 drink for someone under 21. AND as long as a parental guardian is present. Me? I have not have any alcohol yet.

markharding557
September 25th, 2009, 11:40 PM
nutter!

Shpongle
September 25th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Oh, and weed I think should also be legal from 17 or 18 ^_^

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000

cant go wrong with that!, its great for programming . . . solving all those problems!!, and music!!! and well you see where this is going . . everything in general!!

sideaway
September 26th, 2009, 12:03 AM
Never had a beer? Bugger, well when you do, you'll find it's not that great anyway (alcohol anyway) I drink beer for social reasons and I love the taste :P Very rarely to get drunk! (See, 'varsity students can be sensible! Contrary to what people think (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undie_500_Car_Rally) [BTW that event is an awesome one])

Well here the drinking age is 18, and I don't see an issue with that, a proposed law was separate the sale of liqour. ie, 18 year olds can get into pubs/bars/clubs, but cannot buy wholesale liqour... I think this is a step in the right direction tbh. If the parents want to supply the liquor to their kids in their own home, that is up to the parents.

Weed I am unsure, I don't see an issue with it really, induces hungriness, paranoia and ability to think everything is 'totally rad'. No worse than alcohol. I guess I just favour my lungs too much to have any :P

dmizer
September 26th, 2009, 12:42 AM
Okay, let's cut the chat about drinking and weed, as these topics can get dangerously close to politics.

schauerlich
September 26th, 2009, 12:51 AM
Okay, let's cut the chat about drinking and weed, as these topics can get dangerously close to politics.

lol wut?

sideaway
September 26th, 2009, 01:06 AM
the topics in question can induce argument about politcal views such as the legalise "topic in question" party. I think his point is vfalid.