PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu Freezes on Install

wosyet
September 25th, 2009, 02:58 AM
I want install a copy of ubuntu and this freezes always after choose the timezone (when he go verify the hard disks). I have tried width 9.04 livecd, 9.04 alternate, 9.10 alternate. The system freezes always in same point.
I want install in a Asus P5QC Board width raid (I have tried width raid 0, raid 1 and raid 10).
I tried width Sata AHCI mode and the system freezes to in same point.
All of my disks are new and working perfectly. The board is new.
Wen I run the live cd, I can see the disks, install dmraid, change the partitions width fdisk, etc.. when I try setup the system ... freezes wen go detect the disks.

Thanks in advance!

PS: Sorry my bad English

tkoco
September 25th, 2009, 04:38 AM
Have you tried an older version of Ubuntu? (like 8.04 or 8.10) What sort of FS are you formatting the disks to? Have you tried a different FS? (like Ext3 instead of Ext4 as an example)
I want install a copy of ubuntu and this freezes always after choose the timezone (when he go verify the hard disks). I have tried width 9.04 livecd, 9.04 alternate, 9.10 alternate. The system freezes always in same point.
I want install in a Asus P5QC Board width raid (I have tried width raid 0, raid 1 and raid 10).
I tried width Sata AHCI mode and the system freezes to in same point.
All of my disks are new and working perfectly. The board is new.
Wen I run the live cd, I can see the disks, install dmraid, change the partitions width fdisk, etc.. when I try setup the system ... freezes wen go detect the disks.

Thanks in advance!

PS: Sorry my bad English

shaunsmith_99
September 25th, 2009, 04:46 AM
AHH Asus! I've talked to a few old beans here about the ASUS bios which is a rather unique animal in that it doesn't play by the same rules that most other Manufacturers play by. I had a very similar problem and installing from a Thumb drive solved it, but I'd be interested to see what some of the linux gurus here say...

wosyet
September 25th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Have you tried an older version of Ubuntu? (like 8.04 or 8.10) What sort of FS are you formatting the disks to? Have you tried a different FS? (like Ext3 instead of Ext4 as an example)

The setup don't detect the disks, don't let-me chose the file system (freezes before this).
This afternoon I will try install a older version and I post the feedback.

wosyet
September 25th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Where I can find a Thumb drive? I can make this width a usb flash?

AHH Asus! I've talked to a few old beans here about the ASUS bios which is a rather unique animal in that it doesn't play by the same rules that most other Manufacturers play by. I had a very similar problem and installing from a Thumb drive solved it, but I'd be interested to see what some of the linux gurus here say...