PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu_studio] Where are the include programs?

ItsAlwaysSunnyIn...
September 24th, 2009, 09:09 PM
I am new to Ubuntu, but I have decided to migrate from Windows for my home recording studio project. I decided to go with the Ubuntu Studio package as this machine will only be used for recording. Now on the support wiki, in Package/List there is a long list of included under ubuntustudio-audio including ardour, rosegarden, hydrogen, jack, etc . This is the option i selected upon install.

Audio - Audio creation and editing suite.

However, none of those programs have been installed. The only audio production program is a silly voice recorder. Why is that? I would just install them my self using the Add/Remove application however I still haven't been able to configure my wireless card (Broadcom 4306, what a pain) so i cant connect to the internet.

Any ideas why these packages didn't install??

Thanks

rreese6
September 25th, 2009, 06:57 AM
Basically what you have seen is a list of programs that you can install if you so choose. This is the world of freedom, you make the choices, not the OS. SO you have a list, you choose what you want and install it.

I had a Broadcom 4306, I used something called ndswrapper to make it work. but it was a little buggy on my machine,
so just used an old pcmcia wireless from Xircom (Cisco).

Here is the link to a post I used to fix my Broadcom 4306 wireless.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=201902

Hope that helps