PDA

View Full Version : AJAX Problem- Always in Load State

Black Mage
September 24th, 2009, 01:51 PM
The problem currently exist here, http://www.prtrack.net/mypolls.php but its not actually visible unless you are a member so it goes something like this:

I have a function in the javascript that updates a div. The function is this:

function updateComboBox(dataSource1, divID1,division, sport){

XMLHttpRequestObject=getXmlHttpRequestObject();

if( XMLHttpRequestObject){
var obj = document.getElementById(divID1);

XMLHttpRequestObject.open("POST", dataSource1);
XMLHttpRequestObject.setRequestHeader('Content-Type', 'application/x-www-form-urlencoded');

XMLHttpRequestObject.onreadystatechange = function()
{
if (XMLHttpRequestObject.readyState == 4 && XMLHttpRequestObject.status == 200) {
obj.innerHTML=XMLHttpRequestObject.responseText;
}
else if( XMLHttpRequestObject.readyState == 0){
obj.innerHTML="..";
}
else if( XMLHttpRequestObject.readyState == 1){
obj.innerHTML="Loading..";
}
else if( XMLHttpRequestObject.readyState == 2){
obj.innerHTML="Loading....";
}
else if( XMLHttpRequestObject.readyState == 3){
obj.innerHTML="Loading......";
}
}
XMLHttpRequestObject.send("division=" + division + "&sport=" + sport);
}

}//end update

And it is called twice through a select box:

<select name="division_box" id="division_box" class="combobox" id="division_box" onchange="updateComboBox('phpscripts/mypolls/refresh_conference.php', 'conference_Inner_Div', this.form.division_box.value, this.form.sport_box.value); updateComboBox('phpscripts/mypolls/refresh_region.php','regionInnerDiv', this.form.division_box.value, this.form.sport_box.value); ">
</select>

The problem is, only one div is changed while the other remains in readystate==1, always loading.

Does anyone know what can be causing this problem and how to solve it?

Thanks

myrtle1908
September 24th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Difficult to say without seeing all the code. Have you tried using Firebug to help identify your problem?

Black Mage
October 2nd, 2009, 01:34 AM
Well I just got the hang of Firebug and its not throwing any errors. Both response messages come back as

<select name="region_box" id="region_box" class="combobox">
<option value="0" >--Select Region--</option>

</select>

and

<select name="conference_box" id="conference_box" class="combobox">
<option value="0" >--Select Conference--</option>

</select>

And this is how they should come back. If I change the order in which the method is called, the other box will show up and a different one will be in load state. Now here is the strange thing. If throw an alert("Say Anything") into the function updateComboBox(), it works. Both comboboxes show up as they should. But if I don't, then one combobox is always in the load state. Could this be a lead to a possible solution to what is causing the problem?