PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Windows app for batch-processing photos

etnlIcarus
September 24th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Anyone know of any free Windows apps that will allow someone with intermediate skill to batch-process their photos?

A friend just changed their PC over but can't tell me the name of the app they used to use and, as the old HDD is fried, I've got no way of finding out what it was.

They don't necessarily need the same app but they do need something.

Tibuda
September 24th, 2009, 02:00 PM
You can use ImageMagick on Windows and call it in bat files, but you won't be able to use pipe your commands. Is that "intermediate"?

Dragonbite
September 24th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Anyone know of any free Windows apps that will allow someone with intermediate skill to batch-process their photos?

A friend just changed their PC over but can't tell me the name of the app they used to use and, as the old HDD is fried, I've got no way of finding out what it was.

They don't necessarily need the same app but they do need something.

Isn't that something Gimp can do?

Or Picasa? I think you can select a whole bunch of files and modify them all the same (but I am not sure).

artir
September 24th, 2009, 02:21 PM
photos+batch = Phatch

etnlIcarus
September 24th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Or Picasa? I think you can select a whole bunch of files and modify them all the same (but I am not sure).

I was thinking Picasa would about match her skill level.

Anyway, turns out all she needs done is to be able to rotate her images. I figure Windows Picture & Fax viewer is good 'nuff for the job; can be done in no more than 4 clicks per photo.

Whiffle
September 24th, 2009, 02:45 PM
irfanview ?

etnlIcarus
September 24th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Thanks anyway, folks.