PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Game installation (d2)

Panda_god
September 24th, 2009, 12:48 AM
just put ubuntu on my computer, i have d2 on an external hard drive and when i try to run the program it says insert game disk, when i reinsert (b/c it was in there to begin with) nothing changes. i have wine, but i think thats not the problem.

i also cannot locate any disk in the computer what is the route in which to find what is in your disk drive ive looked all over and cant find it...

any help is welcome. o also i use to use utorrent but i cant get it to open on linux idk im having more problems atm then vista and thats saying alot

tkoco
September 24th, 2009, 04:09 AM
I'll take a stab at this... I don't know what "d2" is, but the problem, as you describe it, sounds like you need to adjust the drive mapping in wine. Go to the wine configuration tool and look at the "drives" tab. Make sure the Windows drive letter is mapped to the correct physical drive. Good Luck.

just put ubuntu on my computer, i have d2 on an external hard drive and when i try to run the program it says insert game disk, when i reinsert (b/c it was in there to begin with) nothing changes. i have wine, but i think thats not the problem.

i also cannot locate any disk in the computer what is the route in which to find what is in your disk drive ive looked all over and cant find it...

any help is welcome. o also i use to use utorrent but i cant get it to open on linux idk im having more problems atm then vista and thats saying alot