PDA

View Full Version : Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

coolbrook
September 23rd, 2009, 07:26 PM
Ends tomorrow. Can it only be appreciated on the big screen?

On a related note, I'll be looking into a SATA card for an older system so I can throw on a Blu-Ray drive in the near future.

Exodist
September 23rd, 2009, 07:35 PM

On a related note, I'll be looking into a SATA card for an older system so I can throw on a Blu-Ray drive in the near future.
Its one of the best movies of all time.. As soon as you can see it the better. That being said you could prob really enjoy it better setting down at your computer watching it in higher quality and sound.

zekopeko
September 23rd, 2009, 07:37 PM

I suggest you roll for 2.5 hours in fecal matter. Far better use of your time.

zekopeko
September 23rd, 2009, 07:39 PM
Its one of the best movies of all time.. As soon as you can see it the better. That being said you could prob really enjoy it better setting down at your computer watching it in higher quality and sound.

Please use the /sarcasm tag. Somebody might take you seriously.

pwnst*r
September 23rd, 2009, 07:42 PM

you have higher quality sound via your pc speakers? do tell - what's your sound system set up?

eddietours
September 23rd, 2009, 07:45 PM
thats has to be one of worst movie just bad bad

eragon100
September 23rd, 2009, 07:58 PM
That movie is so cool -- you should watch in Imax, definitely on the big screen! :popcorn:

2.5 hours of gigantic fighting robots with all kind of awesome weapons and some good humour. But more importantly, 2.5 hours of unrelenting, all-out robotic violence! :guitar:

DouglasAWh
September 23rd, 2009, 08:11 PM
Megan Fox is hot...

...look, somebody had to say it.

I thought 2 was better than 1. One was way too slow. Some of the stuff they throw in was confusing to people that didn't know the history of the Transformers. I didn't understand why there was a Cube instead of The Matrix of Leadership in the 1st one. Well, you get that in the 2nd one.

Optimus still has flames, so if you still want to punch Michael Bay in the face, I completely understand.

LowSky
September 23rd, 2009, 08:27 PM
Its great movie, if you dont think about what you just saw after watching it. Far too many plot holes, too many things unexplained, and to many Michael Bay "stare off into the sun while the camera pans around the actors". I'm not kidding about the last one. Watch Pearl Harbor then Armegeddon, then Transformers 1 or 2. All of them are chock full of the same sequences. "something bad has happened, let me get off the groud, as somehow I have fallen down, and look toward the sun with the wind blowing in my hair, all while the camera does a full cirlce around me"

Exodist
September 23rd, 2009, 08:35 PM
Please use the /sarcasm tag. Somebody might take you seriously.

I wasnt being sarcastic. I was a big transformers fan growing up. All my friends including myself thought that movie was the best movie released this year.

So please troll on elsewhere..

Exodist
September 23rd, 2009, 08:37 PM
you have higher quality sound via your pc speakers? do tell - what's your sound system set up?
Just old Logitech 2.1 speakers and SB2 Audigy nothing special. But it may also depend on the theaters sound system in my neck of the woods. My PC just sounds more clear.

pwnst*r
September 23rd, 2009, 08:42 PM
Just old Logitech 2.1 speakers and SB2 Audigy nothing special. But it may also depend on the theaters sound system in my neck of the woods. My PC just sounds more clear.

2.1 system will match a theater's sound system, sorry.

also, you said "one of the best movie ever". now you changed it to "best movie this year".

big difference and the reason why you were called out.

zekopeko
September 23rd, 2009, 08:45 PM
I wasnt being sarcastic. I was a big transformers fan growing up. All my friends including myself thought that movie was the best movie released this year.

So please troll on elsewhere..

I was also a big transformers fan during my childhood. But that movie sucked. And please do learn what a "troll" is. Expressing an opinion isn't trolling.

Skripka
September 23rd, 2009, 08:50 PM

Be advised, you're not going to be able to USE that BD drive under linux for the at ALL foreseeable future. Using it under Win is of course another matter. Under linux a BD drive is basically a high tech expensive DRM-ridden paper-weight.

coolbrook
September 23rd, 2009, 08:51 PM
you should watch in Imax, definitely on the big screen! :popcorn:Too late, but I did see the first one in IMAX. It was worth it.

Megan Fox is hot...She's a beautiful girl, but what little I know of her doesn't really interest me and her character was pointless.

Let's cross our fingers for a Batman-like...
sudo reboot... for Transformers 3. Thanks for the input, dudes.