PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming students/other people: What are you going to study/have you studied at uni?

eragon100
September 23rd, 2009, 06:25 PM
As for me, I am probably going to do a study "Languages and cultures of Japan" at Leiden university next year. (Can't wait :D )

Sounds like lots of fun to learn everything about the language, ninja/samurai, shinto legends, etc. :guitar:

How about you guys?

DeadSuperHero
September 23rd, 2009, 06:32 PM
I'm currently at Illinois Central College working on a 2-year transfer degree for Computer Information Systems. My main goal is to eventually get something in the Computer Engineering or Software Engineering field.

Bigtime_Scrub
September 23rd, 2009, 06:34 PM
I have a Degree in English Lit. Most of what I studied in school was related to that. I did have a work study in the computer lab for a long time and I hung around a lot of engineering and computer science geeks. It rubbed off on me and computers are a hobby of mine.

openfly
September 23rd, 2009, 06:35 PM
I dropped out of college. I wish I had dropped out sooner. College is a massive waste of time and money and is for the most part of zero real value to people who are driven to pursue a vocation in ANY field and every one of my friends on both sides of the academic line is proof of that.

suitedaces
September 23rd, 2009, 06:54 PM
Going into final year accounting.

Jesus_Valdez
September 23rd, 2009, 07:03 PM
I'am a Biotechnological engineer, I have a Master degree in Science on Eviroment and development and I'm currently on a PhD on Biotecnology.

schauerlich
September 23rd, 2009, 07:03 PM
I'm about to start my freshman year in college. I'm a CS major.

Warpnow
September 23rd, 2009, 07:14 PM
I'm getting a BA in economics. Its economics without econometrics, basically.

Dragonbite
September 23rd, 2009, 07:16 PM
I started school for Aviation Management with Flight Operations.

Then I changed my major to Business Management specialized in Accounting.

While working in Accounting I was offered a position in the IT department managing their Data Warehouse.

Now I am developing our .NET intranet with a SQL Server back end and Crystal Reports reporting.

Who knows where I'll be tomorrow.

At one point there, though, I was sitting in front of a Vax VT100 monochorme terminal asking myself "can I do this for the rest of my life?" Little did I know that in about 5 years the computing industry was going to change drastically (Win 3.1 and DOS were the leading operating systems for desktops then).

RazVayne
September 23rd, 2009, 07:17 PM
Uuhaa,starting college in about a week or so...Electronics and Telecommunications Engineer,or,(not so)soon to be...hihi...cant wait!

littlemog
September 23rd, 2009, 07:18 PM
never made it pass college. but i study a lot still, on my own. :)

Barrucadu
September 23rd, 2009, 08:01 PM
One more year of school then I'll be starting Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence—as a Master's if I get the grades; I don't particularly want to do a Bachelor's first then apply to do a Master's, too much hassle. After that, I hope to do a PhD in the same field.

Joeb454
September 23rd, 2009, 08:03 PM
I'm 3 months into a 12 month work placement, which makes my 3rd year of Uni. I go back for my final year in October 2010 - studying Software Engineering

Chronon
September 23rd, 2009, 09:20 PM
I did mathematics and physics as an undergraduate.

Nevon
September 23rd, 2009, 09:22 PM
I'm studying something called system sciences, which is basically like software engineering, only aimed specifically at information systems rather than other types of applications.