PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu Ports Blocked - No Access to Router

Ramael
September 23rd, 2009, 05:54 PM
I've been getting 404 not found messages, and have discovered that I am completely unable to connect to any sources. I've tried many commands such as sudo apt-get install, apt-get upgrade, apt-get update, as well as more specific routes listed on the many other forums with 404 issues. I have also attempted changing my software sources, adding third party sources, and etc.

Unfortunately however, even if a connection were possible updating my OS is also out of the question, since I am running ubuntu from a disk as my hard drives are shot. I can't even install it, however this didn't stop me from downloading vlc and other programs via add and remove the last time i attempted. Last time i wasn't using a router.

I have internet access if anyone plans on asking. I'm assuming my router is blocking ports 21 and/or 22, or something to that affect. Perhaps is there a way to change these ports so that I can use add and remove without going through them, or maybe instead a way to download vlc and alsa. etc without going through add and remove. Download and install them manually. Keep in mind that any commands to download or install anything will not work, unless through an internet browser.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm currently limited to simple internet surfing and cant even watch youtube. My cellphone is currently more capable than my laptop, which just shouldn't be :(. please hurry. :D