PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Bad Archive Mirror

auramaster
September 23rd, 2009, 05:46 AM
I have been trying to dual-boot Ubuntu using uNetBootin's netinstall. It has gone well so far, but when asked to select a mirror every choice says "bad archive mirror" and won't connect. I have never installed Ubuntu before and have no idea what to do. If someone needs more info to figure out what I have done wrong, I will be happy to provide it.

earthpigg
September 23rd, 2009, 06:46 AM
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+archivemirrors

have you tried any of the alternatives?

ubuntu has a very strong google presence. i google searched "ubuntu archive mirrors" and that was the first result.

not trying to dissuade you from posting threads here if you need help, but from my personal experience:

google is far faster than ubuntuforums.org since you don't have to wait for anyone else -- though not always as reliable and tailored to my/your specific issue.

your basic goal with google and ubuntu problems should always be "find someone else who had the exact same problem as me, and see what they did."

if that fails, then that is where ubuntuforums.org comes in! :D

auramaster
September 23rd, 2009, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the advice. I've tried several mirrors on that list, and none have worked. I think the problem is that I'm typing the directory wrong. For example,

Hostname: ubuntu.osuosl.org
Directory: /ubuntu/

I'm pretty sure that's wrong, but the only example I could find online of someone typing in the hostname and directory for a mirror didn't help. Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?