PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Migrate/Fresh installation 9.04

maxclimber1w
September 23rd, 2009, 01:03 AM
Hello everyone,

I am having some difficulties with my existing Ubuntu installation, and want to do a fresh install of either Ubuntu 9.04 or the latest Linux Mint.

At the same time, I would really like to be able to save a few things:
1. My Songbird playlists - linked to the correct files
2. My in-progress Deluge torrent downloads

I have a couple of external hard-drives.

Is this possible?

kh1116
September 23rd, 2009, 03:37 AM
I'm not completely sure but in Songbird, you might have the option to export playlists, while you could save on a flashdrive/ whatever. I believe as long as the files are in the same location as your previous installtion, you should be ok. The torrent I'm not completely sure where you would go, but I'm pretty sure you could find the part of the file and put it on a flashdrive also and just reopen Transimission in the new install

tgeer43
September 23rd, 2009, 03:53 AM
It's really just a matter of finding the files that you want to retain and saving them to another location then copying them back to your new installation. If your music ends up being stored in a different location in your new installation, it's a simple matter to open up the playlist in any text editor and do a global search and replace with the new location. Deluge will start your partial torrents right back up if you copy them to the correct location in your new installation.

tgeer