PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Wireless Internet Connection - Not quite happening..

gotlisch
September 22nd, 2009, 11:15 PM
Hi there!

I'm new to Ubunto (I actually have installed Xubunto to be more precise). I'm trying to get my computer up and running for which I obviously need an internet connect. Internet works just fine with cable but I'm having a few problems to get my wireless to work.

Problem 1: Have managed to install the drivers following the guide below but I can't get the drivers to load automatically on start up tried to follow the guide but it's not quite happening.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/Driver/Ndiswrapper

Problem 2: I'm able to activate my network card manually at the moment but for some reason I'm still not able to connect to my router. I find the router just fine but when I try to connect (I'm sure I have the right password) it just doesn't happen no idea why. Xubuntu just tries to connect for a while and then it promts me for the password again :-(

Great if someone could give me some advise as to how I can over come these little glitches so I can be on my way to start using Xubunto on a regular basis.

Cheers,
Mikael

gotlisch
September 25th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Can anyone help...?