PDA

View Full Version : dvd recorder

mattman85
September 22nd, 2009, 03:21 AM
Hey all. I'm researching (obviously) dvd recorders and dvrs, as I want to get one. I only need it to record tv, and play it back, so I've been leaning towards the non-subscription side with the dvd recorders.

Does anyone know if there are dvd recorders that will record tv that have a built-in tuner? The ones I've seen so far all are line input recording, and require another source, such as a cable set-top box. My cable goes from outside on the overhead lines, into the house, and then right to the tv; I don't have a set-top box. If I use a VCR (outdated, but it can function as a tuner at least), would I be able to use a DVD recorder with it?

I'm involved with a choir that meets monday nights, and Heroes season 5 just started up, and I know I'm going to miss every episode and then have to watch them online, and I want to get a dvd recorder to at least be able to watch it when I get home..

netJackDaw
September 22nd, 2009, 08:09 AM
Check out if Sony RDR-HXD Series meets your needs. I have a RDR-HXD870, it has both digital and analog terrestrial tuner.