PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Compiz help.

SNOOPY817
September 22nd, 2009, 01:09 AM
Okay, well this might be random but some of my Compiz settings stopped working, and its only these three: Animations, Animations Add-On, and Water Effect... anyone know what the problem is? or if you could help me.

SNOOPY817
September 26th, 2009, 12:33 AM
no?

Tipped OuT
September 26th, 2009, 09:24 AM
What do you mean? The animations no longer show?

And the Water Effect plugin may not work because you're graphics card may not support Pixel Shader 2.0+

hariks0
September 30th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Okay, well this might be random but some of my Compiz settings stopped working, and its only these three: Animations, Animations Add-On, and Water Effect... anyone know what the problem is? or if you could help me.

If they are visible but not working, I don't know what to do. [Try changing the visual effects to "Extra" in Appearance.]

But if they have recently disappeared, there is a workaround which helped me. It is the compiz-fusion-plugins-extra that makes the mess. The latest version available as per Synaptic is 0.8.2-0ubuntu1.2 (ppa.launchpad.net) I forced it to install/retain the package with version 0.8.2-0ubuntu1 (jaunty). Now all the effects and animation addon are back in my ccsm.

Hope it helps.