PDA

View Full Version : Fixing sister's ipod touch, have keyboard question

billdotson
September 21st, 2009, 11:20 PM
While testing out the safari browser I became very annoyed that I could not find a delete key. All I could do was use a backspace key to get rid of characters. I tried searching to see if there was a delete key on the ipod touch keyboard but seeing as how Apple calls a backspace key delete I wasn't having much luck. I even looked in the apple manual and there was a 1 page section on the keyboard.

So could someone tell me, is there a delete key? Thanks.

The Toxic Mite
September 21st, 2009, 11:21 PM
While testing out the safari browser I became very annoyed that I could not find a delete key. All I could do was use a backspace key to get rid of characters. I tried searching to see if there was a delete key on the ipod touch keyboard but seeing as how Apple calls a backspace key delete I wasn't having much luck. I even looked in the apple manual and there was a 1 page section on the keyboard.

So could someone tell me, is there a delete key? Thanks.

Short answer: No.

Long answer: tl;dw

pwnst*r
September 21st, 2009, 11:32 PM
i'm assuming you're talking about the url field? the X on the right of the field clears the field. as far as the virtual k/b, not sure what the problem is not having a key labeled delete for removing a character as opposed to the backspace key.

billdotson
September 24th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Well, sometimes I would like to actually delete characters in front of the cursor. I really do not like having to find the spot at the end of the search term with my finger and having to backspace it. It doesn't work well. There needs to be a delete key and a backspace key. That shift key already on the thing would probably make it fairly easy.

pwnst*r
September 24th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Well, sometimes I would like to actually delete characters in front of the cursor. I really do not like having to find the spot at the end of the search term with my finger and having to backspace it. It doesn't work well. There needs to be a delete key and a backspace key. That shift key already on the thing would probably make it fairly easy.

not sure about the touch, but with the iphone you hold your finger where you want the cursor to be and backspace/delete it. i'm not sure why you think it's difficult. having two keys doing the same function makes no sense at all.