PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Create Bootable Recovery CD

DWL52
September 21st, 2009, 06:57 PM
Hello All, I'm a Newbie, so keep that in mind. I have two hard drives, a 60 gig which contains the Ubuntu 9.04 OS, and a 500 gig where the backup files are stored. I have Simple Backup installed and working. What I would like now is to create a bootable recovery CD, and be able to put Simple Backup on it and run it from there so if anything horrible goes wrong, I'll be able to recover. Remember to spell the steps out for me in pretty fine detail so I understand, and assume nothing. Thanks.

Don1500
September 21st, 2009, 07:01 PM
if you loaded your Ubuntu from a CD then that CD is bootable and can be used as a recovery disk. If you loaded any other way you need to download the .ISO file from the Ubuntu site and burn it to CD. That is your recovery disk.

You may want a copy of G-parted, get the super parted ISO from the gparted.com and burn it to a cd. This will give you a good partition manager in case something goes wrong there. And Super grub will give you a boot manager to correct that (sometimes). But the Ubuntu system CD is the recovery disk that you are asking for.

DWL52
September 21st, 2009, 07:14 PM
Don, thanks much.